FCO Lounge Report

Old May 16, 2009, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
FCO Lounge Report

For those who might be going to Rome and might need a Skyteam Lounge, here is what I am experiencing. There are at least 2 lounges available to PMs; the Alitalia Lounge and the Air France/Lounge. I have been to both, and there were no problems getting into either one. (PM Card, BP for Skyteam Flight). In the Alitalia Lounge, there is no free internet, alcohol is free, but poured by a not so friendly "Bartender" who would like some cash for the drink, and there are minimal munchies. I left and went 20 feet to the Air France/KLM Lounge. Both are past security, upstairs and in Terminal B near gates B1-B2. In the Air France/KLM Lounge, there are two free internet terminals, a large screen DVD player to play your own DVDs, and an open beer, liquor, soda, bottled water bar. Not really a lot of munchies either, but some chips, nuts, croissants, etc. You pour your own drinks of ALL types. There is an attendant who is the epitomy of seen but not heard and who tidies up the place. Go to the Air France/KLM Lounge. If there are any typos in this post, you know why. Cheers. Next stop Amsterdam and the KLM Lounge.
Old May 16, 2009, 9:29 am

Smile Skip the Alitalia Lounge-

I too agree with WaltinSoCal about the AF lounge being better than the AZ lounge. I visited the AZ lounge about 6 months ago and quickly left after seeing that the lounge appeared old, dingy, and unappealing. The bartendar was not very nice when I asked for just a soda. Walking into that lounge confirmed my thoughts that since AZ was having financial problems, sprucing up their domestic lounges were not a priority to them.

Stay in the AF lounge. You won't be disappointed.
Old May 16, 2009, 9:31 am

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
General rule of thumb, if there is an AF lounge instead of AZ lounge, the AF will be head and shoulders above the AZ one, wherever you may be.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.