Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Upgrade Priority Calculator (MUPC)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2009, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
I like the fact that such as system like this is in existence...

...now if it can decipher the AF upgrade mess--that would be amazing...
Old May 15, 2009, 11:19 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
actually.... he might have it right already

Originally Posted by avidflyer
It is Executive Partner

Search "White Envelope". It is an unpublished top tier much like the fabled NW 2% club.
Old May 16, 2009, 7:03 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by El Boocho
I thought that elite full Y's were ordered by request date regardless of whether you were a PM or FO. e.g. a FO on a full Y who requested the upgrade on May 1 had higher priority than a PM on a full Y that requested the upgrade on May 15. Is this no longer the case?
Not that way for a long time - they finally fixed it!
Old May 16, 2009, 7:28 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by ComAirKid
Hi all,

Many times I see Delta flyers on this board asking what their rank is on the proverbial upgrade totem pole. I've written a calculator with figuring out just what priority you are based on your Medallion status and fare class. The Medallion Upgrade Priority Calculator (MUPC) let's you see your rank and who you are outranked by - unless of course you are an Executive Partner on full Y with an Amex Reserve

http://cwsi.net/mupc.aspx

Any feedback is appreciated and thanks.
Wonderful tool. I am a bit confused by the way it is presented. If I am GOLD on a T class with Amex, do I outrank GOLD on B without Amex?
If so, I think it is presented better with the first column of Medallion class, the second column of full fare the third for Amex and the last column the fare class.
If I sound confused, I am.

e.g.,
Ex Part Y Amex
Ex Part - Amex B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T
Ex Part - - B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T
Old May 16, 2009, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by ffI
Wonderful tool. I am a bit confused by the way it is presented. If I am GOLD on a T class with Amex, do I outrank GOLD on B without Amex?
If so, I think it is presented better with the first column of Medallion class, the second column of full fare the third for Amex and the last column the fare class.
If I sound confused, I am.

e.g.,
Ex Part Y Amex
Ex Part - Amex B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T
Ex Part - - B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T
That's the way I understood it originally too - the amex wasn't a tie breaker, but it basically knocked your status up a notch. There really isn't a way for us to tell though.
Old May 16, 2009, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by jfulcher
Not that way for a long time - they finally fixed it!
Good to know. Thanks.
Old May 16, 2009, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by jfulcher
That's the way I understood it originally too - the amex wasn't a tie breaker, but it basically knocked your status up a notch. There really isn't a way for us to tell though.
I thought it was a tie breaker, but I've already been wrong once in this thread. I thought it was GM on K w/Amex beats GM with K who doesn't have the amex, but a GM on a Q beats both.
Old May 16, 2009, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I thought it was a tie breaker, but I've already been wrong once in this thread. I thought it was GM on K w/Amex beats GM with K who doesn't have the amex, but a GM on a Q beats both.
That's my understanding as well. Amex is a tie breaker and nothing else. If you have two same-level elites on the same fare-class then Amex is the first tie breaker before "request time".

Also, just put in Plat on a B fare. It tells me Execs, Plats and Golds on Y beat me. I believe an FO on a Y fare will also beat me. True?

-RM
Old May 16, 2009, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
That's my understanding as well. Amex is a tie breaker and nothing else. If you have two same-level elites on the same fare-class then Amex is the first tie breaker before "request time".

Also, just put in Plat on a B fare. It tells me Execs, Plats and Golds on Y beat me. I believe an FO on a Y fare will also beat me. True?

-RM
That was what I thought, but apparently that changed. So the correction should be to change it so that Golds on a Y don't trump PMs on any fare.

Edited to add that I'm not sure it has actually be changed. This page is a bit unclear on the matter. https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...ades/index.jsp It sounds like the Ys clear first for all medallions based upon time of ticketing, not time of upgrade request.

Last edited by El Boocho; May 16, 2009 at 11:39 am
Old May 16, 2009, 11:39 am

That was what I thought, but apparently that changed. So the correction should be to change it so that Golds on a Y don't trump PMs on any fare.
No that part didn't change. Maybe I was confused by what you meant.

A PM on Y beats any PM, GM, FO
A GM on Y beats any PM not on a Y, any GM, any FO
A FO on a Y beats any PM or GM not on a Y and any FO.

It used to be that all Y fares were "A1R" status which wasn't sorted out by status level. So a FO that booked before a PM on a full Y could beat them. That's what they corrected.
Old May 16, 2009, 11:42 am

According to DL.com, it is not date of upgrade request that matters as a tie breaker, but rather the time of ticketing. The current calculator uses upgrade request at the tie breaker.
Old May 16, 2009, 11:48 am

According to DL.com, it is not date of upgrade request that matters as a tie breaker, but rather the time of ticketing. The current calculator uses upgrade request at the tie breaker.
I think it technically is date of upgrade request - however the upgrade is requested automatically at ticketing unless you uncheck the box. If you don't check it and come back later and request it then I believe you would still be at date of when you checked the box instead of ticketing. I just don't see that anyone would do this.l
Old May 16, 2009, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks for everyone's input. I am making changes now.
Old May 16, 2009, 12:15 pm

PM/MM carries no clout at all?

You'd think it might break a tie in some permutation.
Old May 16, 2009, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LegalTender
PM/MM carries no clout at all?

You'd think it might break a tie in some permutation.
Good question. Does anyone know if this the 3rd tiebreaker?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.