Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Up to 25K bonus miles for partner activity APR22-JUN22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Up to 25K bonus miles for partner activity APR22-JUN22

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2009, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by reddawngrl
Keep in mind that free items, or $0.99 cent purchases will not earn you miles at most places and thus not count as a unique activity. I did a purchase at shutter fly on this promo last year. My purchase was for $0.99. I did not earn any miles because I did not spend one complete $1. It states earn $1 per $1 spent. If you don't spend that $1, no miles. No miles on taxes or shipping is correct also. YMMV
This may be vendor-specific. I remember anecdotal reports that $0.99 music downloads from Buy.com in last year's promo did generate miles activity. However, I think it's better to be safe than sorry. Always spend the few extra cents to exceed the minimum rather than assume the vendor will round in your favor.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by reddawngrl
Keep in mind that free items, or $0.99 cent purchases will not earn you miles at most places and thus not count as a unique activity.
FYI, it works through itunes. 2 miles post for every 99 cent download.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 2:55 pm

correct, I've had both happen too. it is vendor specific. but in the spirit of this promo, I'd want to make sure my purchase counts and not take the chance.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 3:18 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by pitbrian
no fee for transfer.. just did 30US for 1 DL as well
PS Who would EVER transfer at these rates?
The same morons who bid a couple hundred thousand SkyMiles for a $250 GC to Morton's in Delta SkyMiles Auctions?

Could DL just put a few more of those up for auction instead of charging extra for baggage?
Old Apr 23, 2009, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, and about everything else
It appears to me that by simply signing up with Shutterfly, which offers a 250 mile enrollment bonus, should qualify by that act alone, a purchase is not necessary.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Evan!
You can earn three qualifying partners by buying flowers from 1-800-FLOWERS, teleflora, and FTD.com.
On this note, there are two more promos to make TELEFLORA attractive --
~"Earn 10 miles for every dollar spent plus 100 bonus miles on each order" --
http://www.delta.flowerclub.com/
~ 25% off promo code (9CM25) -- doesn't apply to the S&H tho. Code valid till May 9th
So far, I do NOT see a 'gift' section at their site. That would make the cheapest option a flower arrangement for $29.99 plus delivery. The 25% off and extra miles make it good IF you were going to send Mother's Day flowers anyway. My total is going to be $38.70 for flowers to Mom
Old Apr 23, 2009, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by justind
It appears to me that by simply signing up with Shutterfly, which offers a 250 mile enrollment bonus, should qualify by that act alone, a purchase is not necessary.
I believe that the T&C of the Shutterfly offer require a purchase in order to get the 250 mile new customer bonus.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by scotty00
FYI, it works through itunes. 2 miles post for every 99 cent download.
Agreed. Have done it several times. One $0.99 iTune will earn you mileage credit.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by inagaddadavida
your sign up bonus should work. i believe i used that as an activity a couple years ago for a similar promo.

also, i've converted 30 US miles to 1 DL mile via points.com for this promo in the past and that counted, so if 1 mile works, the sign up bonus sure should.
1 Mile does work. So does the signup bonus, as I used that on a previous partner promotion.

As I posted earlier in this thread, if you have a Hotspex.com account, the transfer rate through Points.com is only 5 Hotspex points to 1 DL mile. That alone makes it worthwhile.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 4:33 pm

More discounts on flowers for Mother's Day

Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
On this note, there are two more promos to make TELEFLORA attractive --
~"Earn 10 miles for every dollar spent plus 100 bonus miles on each order" --
http://www.delta.flowerclub.com/
~ 25% off promo code (9CM25) -- doesn't apply to the S&H tho. Code valid till May 9th
So far, I do NOT see a 'gift' section at their site. That would make the cheapest option a flower arrangement for $29.99 plus delivery. The 25% off and extra miles make it good IF you were going to send Mother's Day flowers anyway. My total is going to be $38.70 for flowers to Mom
New mailing from Delta:
FTD: 25 miles/$ spent http://www.ftd.com/deltamp25/

1-800-Flowers: 25 miles/$ spent http://ww12.1800flowers.com/collecti...nerBeacon=true

Teleflora: 20 miles/$ spent http://www.delta.flowerclub.com/feat...ode=DT_MPE_MOM Promo code DTY9MPE

Organic Bouquet: 15 miles/$ spent http://www.organicbouquet.com/i_277/...sky_miles.html
Old Apr 23, 2009, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by longtimelurker
I believe that the T&C of the Shutterfly offer require a purchase in order to get the 250 mile new customer bonus.
True.

https://www.shutterfly.com/secure/si...d_ppc_code.jsp
"New Shutterfly customer is defined as someone who registers and places a first order."
Old Apr 23, 2009, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
I asked DL about "Buy, Gift, or Transfer miles". Response:
The word "or" would indeed indicate that only one of these transactions, even if all three are completed, would earn the bonus miles.
Question answered.

I asked DL about Identity Guard. Response:
Participation with Identity Guard would count as a unique activity along with other unique activities within the Dining, Retail & Other Partners grouping.
The wording of their response still confuses me. I don't consider this question answered.

Last edited by Evan!; Apr 23, 2009 at 5:24 pm
Old Apr 23, 2009, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I'm trying to get a rough idea of what I should spend at partners to qualify.

For example, I'm looking at biscoff.com. Since this isn't through the mall portal (right?) I think it counts as a discrete site.

Cheapest item I can find is $6.78, plus $7.95 shipping. That's $14.73, for, potentially, 1000 miles, plus a 250 mile bonus, plus my 14 miles.

So $14.73 for (potentially) 1264 miles. Doesn't seem like an amazing move to me.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by josephstern
So I'm trying to get a rough idea of what I should spend at partners to qualify.

For example, I'm looking at biscoff.com. Since this isn't through the mall portal (right?) I think it counts as a discrete site.

Cheapest item I can find is $6.78, plus $7.95 shipping. That's $14.73, for, potentially, 1000 miles, plus a 250 mile bonus, plus my 14 miles.

So $14.73 for (potentially) 1264 miles. Doesn't seem like an amazing move to me.
That's one way of looking at it -- each unique partner is worth 1,000 miles.

But let's say you already have 14 other unique partners. Would it be worth spending $14.73 to get an additional 8,264 miles? Most would probably say "yes."

That's why it's so important to look at the triggering thresholds. I'm no better off for using 14 different unique partners than I am for using 8 in this promo.

P.S. The only caveat to this is if you are unsure how or when a particular partner will post. In those cases, it doesn't hurt to have one extra partner, so that if one doesn't go through as expected, you have another partner to take its place.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by josephstern
Yes it would count. But then any other activities within the group of misc retailers would not garner you any more unique partners INCLUDING SkyMall. So whether you go through SkyMall or go directly to biscoff.com this purchase would be your one activity for that group.
one activity among the following - Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance, Blackberry, Call in Europe, CIBT, Delta Vacations, FIJI Water Delivery Service, getAbstract, Gourmet Center/Biscoff.com, Great American Days, Hartmann Luggage, Hartwick & Grove Wine Merchants, Identity Guard, Java City, La Quinta Inns & Suites, LATHER, Liberty Mutual, LimoRes.net, Organic Bouquet, Organic Style, Orkin, Samsonite, SIRVA-Air Miles for Moving, SkyMall Inc., Sol Meliá Vacation Club, SuperShuttle, My Delta Store, Travelling Connect, Vinessee LLC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.