Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Up to 25K bonus miles for partner activity APR22-JUN22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Up to 25K bonus miles for partner activity APR22-JUN22

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2009, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold; SPG: Gold:
Has anyone gotten the miles from the promotion?
Old Jul 21, 2009, 5:37 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ontheway
Has anyone gotten the miles from the promotion?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11959102-post708.html
Old Jul 21, 2009, 7:33 pm

Programs: Delta, United, American
Thank you for reminding us when miles will go to our account... but can we still complain?

My Vinese wine club miles posted about 7 weeks after I signed up which posted in July. Ok, their site said 6-8 weeks.... I called to ask if they could so anything and the rep said he had no control over when the miles get to our account. I ended up with 5 promotions. So close to 6 and that extra 6000 miles...

Dang. Ok, I guess since everything went according to what to the merchant said would happen I can't really blame Vinese... can I blame Delta for making the dates of posting so short?

Ok, I'll just stop whining and deal with my 4000 miles.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Gold; SPG: Gold:

sorry
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:25 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, United Silver, Garuda Silver, Delta Silver
As with most things delta is slower and more clumsy when it comes to these things...

My pile on the miles promo miles for NW posted July 2nd...10 days after the close of the promo.

Delta of course will take their time...and how does anyone even know if they are registered for any of these promos on delta, its pathetic that they dont have a screen that shows what you are registered for. Hell I could probably write that code in a day I gotta assume they are just being lazy.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:52 pm

Programs: DL PM,1MM
Supershuttle

I just had 2 separate "Skymiles Incentive" posts for 50 miles this week. I'm assuming they are for my Supershuttle use that hadn't posted. One was from the end of March and the other the end of May - so I'm wondering if the latter will count for the promo as it was dated 7/22, not 5/27 when I used the shuttle.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 2:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
Has anyone received these miles yet...?...we're up to about six weeks since the promotion ended....
Old Aug 14, 2009, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by robnsfla
Has anyone received these miles yet...?...we're up to about six weeks since the promotion ended....
Originally Posted by Mehdron
Now that the promotion is over, it is time for this thread to start seeing the regular "when will my bonus miles post" questions. Arrrgh. Let's try (and I know it won't work, but anyway) to head those questions off right now.

The T&C (see post 1) say "Please allow 10 to 12 weeks after the promotion ends for all bonus miles to post."

12 weeks from June 22 is September 14. Please, no "why haven't my miles posted" questions until after that date!
Originally Posted by Kohoutek
Not a chance!
Old Aug 19, 2009, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by gaidamak
What is the cheapest purchase from Shutterfly? I have not seen anything around $1.
Originally Posted by JeffISU
4x6 prints are $0.15 each Shipping starts at $1.79.
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Surprisingly, a basic 4x6 print only costs $0.15 (excluding S&H and taxes). Seven 4x6 prints would cost $1.05. If you want to save $0.06, one 5x7 costs $0.99.
I (stupidly) placed Shutterfly orders of about $0.60 each plus shipping, for 3 different accounts.

2 received miles in July, and 1 did not. Shutterfly took 2 months to finally tell me I get no miles on orders under $1.00 and is denying the miles. Just an FYI since it sounds like others may have made the same mistake.

P.S. Even their own website does not mention this restriction, nor is it in their terms and conditions. You actually have to sign up and then search their Help Q&A section to find the minimum order restriction. http://www.shutterfly.com/delta

Last edited by rrgg; Aug 19, 2009 at 10:27 am
Old Aug 19, 2009, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was just checking in on this thread to see if any miles posted . . .

But as far as the Shutterfly issue, to me, if it's X amount of miles per dollar, I think it's pretty reasonable to assume they round down on any cents. So if you don't hit the dollar threshold, regardless of them not notifying you that orders have to be a dollar or more, it stands to reason that you don't qualify.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
But as far as the Shutterfly issue, to me, if it's X amount of miles per dollar, I think it's pretty reasonable to assume they round down on any cents. So if you don't hit the dollar threshold, regardless of them not notifying you that orders have to be a dollar or more, it stands to reason that you don't qualify.
I see what you mean, but in my experience in various programs I get miles for under $1.00, as if I spent $1.00.

Sorry but if the Shutterfly Terms & Conditions do not state a minimum and the offer pages do not state a minimum, then it's their fault not mine. They need to make an exception this time, and then reword their website to prevent future mistakes. That's the correct remedy.

Besides, as I said, I placed 3 Shutterfly orders in 3 different accounts, all for under $1.00. 2 received miles and 1 did not. So obviously their system is not rounding down my orders to $0.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We can agree to disagree, but it does say, in huge letters at the top of the screen: "Earn 10 miles for every dollar* you spend." You didn't spend a dollar. It doesn't say "Earn miles for every order" or something like that.

Glad you got points for one, but that doesn't prove it's their standard operating procedure. It may show that there is no standard operating procedure over there.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 11:17 am

"Earn 10 miles for every dollar* you spend." You didn't spend a dollar. It doesn't say "Earn miles for every order" or something like that.
That's a good point.

I'm (wrongly) inferring its "miles for every order" based on how other merchants work.

Glad you got points for one,
2 out of 3 orders actually, not 1 out of 3.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K, Ex-DL Plat, SPG Plat, IC Plat, Hilton Gold
Anyone....anyone....Buller...Buller
Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by fedup flyer
Anyone....anyone....Buller...Buller

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11959102-post708.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.