Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

redeem coupon and certificates...is that a new link?

Old Apr 15, 09, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, US Dirt, Hertz PC

I book tickets weekly, but I've been known to be completely oblivious as times...is this a new functionality I see where we can redeem our Amex companion tickets online? If it isn't new or someone else created a thread...please merge or delete or whatever you do with posts from newbies...
Old Apr 15, 09, 9:30 am

its brand new. at least we dont have to deal w/ offshore agents to book them anymore. just hope it works online tho.
Old Apr 15, 09, 10:39 am

Where is it? Is it on the Review and Purchase page?
Old Apr 15, 09, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL Silver/MM, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by arcticgrin View Post
Where is it? Is it on the Review and Purchase page?
It's right at the beginning before you enter any travel info.

I thought I would try it with my Amex companion cert to see if it works, but it asks for an 8 character certificate code. I got my cert last October and the only type of code is at the bottom and has 15 numbers. I tried using the 8 numbers that are together after the 1 006 00 but I get an error message. Not happy if I still have to call India.
Old Apr 15, 09, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, CO plat, Exec Emerald, amex plat, anything else good
Originally Posted by Richard1148 View Post
I thought I would try it with my Amex companion cert to see if it works, but it asks for an 8 character certificate code. I got my cert last October and the only type of code is at the bottom and has 15 numbers. I tried using the 8 numbers that are together after the 1 006 00 but I get an error message. Not happy if I still have to call India.

I believe it works only for certs issued after April 2009, not exactly sure what date. One of my recent delta email updates stated this but I have since deleted it and can't find the info on delta.com.
Old Apr 15, 09, 3:48 pm

The phone reservation fee should now be waived for Amex companion certificates so make sure your are not charged.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: