Delta Contact Us Complaint Form - No Response

Old Apr 13, 09, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Delta Contact Us Complaint Form - No Response

What is with DL?

I've submitted two online 'complaint/feedback' forms about a current travel issue and neither have even been acknowledged let alone responded too. It's been over 10 days in both cases.

I realise that for past travel issues, it can take a while, but NW gets back to you within 24 hours for current issues affecting current/future travel.

Very poor first impression of contacting DL and complaint resolution.

I only hope that they maintain the 'best of' NW when it comes to timely response to complaints. Wishful thinking I suspect.
Old Apr 13, 09, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ Super Plats
Originally Posted by SamuelS View Post
neither have even been acknowledged let alone responded too.
Did you get the automatic response with the tracking number?
Old Apr 13, 09, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Spam filter? I've had Delta communications end up in my Spam box before.
Old Apr 14, 09, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by AndyTLe View Post
Spam filter? I've had Delta communications end up in my Spam box before.
Similarly, if using a work account with no spam folder, your IT dept's filter may have blocked it. I had this happen a few months ago, and had to get my IT dept to 'whitelist' the DL address.
Old Apr 14, 09, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ Super Plats
Originally Posted by clarence5ybr View Post
Similarly, if using a work account with no spam folder, your IT dept's filter may have blocked it. I had this happen a few months ago, and had to get my IT dept to 'whitelist' the DL address.
Ours sends out a periodic "quarantine" list; individuals still choose what's delivered & whitelisted. Other stuff that you're more likely to want goes to an Outlook "Junk mail" folder.

Lots of pitfalls in this area where your email can be diverted or tossed ....
Old Apr 14, 09, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

It's not spam filter. I have checked my junk box, and I receive all email as there is no quarantined email. I actually used my other email account for the second submit of the complaint just in case.

I just thought it was poor to get not even an acknowledgment let alone a reply.
Old Apr 14, 09, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL Silver
We sent three emails before we got a response other than the automated one. The problem was taken care of with an apology for the time it took to respond.
Old Apr 14, 09, 6:39 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Charter Member/1.6MM, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by SamuelS View Post
What is with DL?

I've submitted two online 'complaint/feedback' forms about a current travel issue and neither have even been acknowledged let alone responded too. It's been over 10 days in both cases.

I realise that for past travel issues, it can take a while, but NW gets back to you within 24 hours for current issues affecting current/future travel.

Very poor first impression of contacting DL and complaint resolution.

I only hope that they maintain the 'best of' NW when it comes to timely response to complaints. Wishful thinking I suspect.
I don't always like what they say but they've always responded to my emails.
Old Apr 14, 09, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by joan24 View Post
We sent three emails before we got a response other than the automated one. The problem was taken care of with an apology for the time it took to respond.
It seems this is occurring more frequently. Unanswered or long delays. Not good DL.
Old Apr 15, 09, 7:10 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
i'm on day 5 of a complaint....
Old Apr 15, 09, 7:22 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
I just got a response regarding a complaint. Took 26 days.
Old Apr 16, 09, 8:51 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, HA, NW
I thought I was the only one.

I just sent my 2nd email via their complaint/concern form as I had not yet received a response (nor confirmation) from the first I sent out a week ago.
Old Apr 16, 09, 12:45 pm

DOT complaint

YOU MUST file a complaint with the DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION.

THE airlines care about this. Delta is being predatory on their passengers and it should be recorded on the record that they are doing so.

It is EASY to file a complaint, If we get enough complaints at the DOT maybe DELTA will stop their unfair practices.

Also looking into legal action against DELTA.

Use this link to file your complaint, very easy web-form: http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/escomplaint/es.cfm

FIGHT! when you are treated unfairly and most of all do not FLY DELTA anymore.
Old Apr 16, 09, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by justhere View Post
I just got a response regarding a complaint. Took 26 days.
26 days is excessive. DL needs more people in the department that deals with these.

Still no response for current travel question and it's 13 days now. NW is same day or 24 hours for current travel needs.
Old Apr 16, 09, 5:54 pm

Perhaps, if people (and I am not saying that anyone in particular does) complained less frequently about issues that do not warrant a complaint, processing times would be shorter.

Search this Thread