Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by tvnwz
We will see in December!
No I guess we see now!
Old May 5, 2009, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by 1K+
I am a new skymiles member and just finished two business class DL long haul segments and didnt know about this double and triple MQM promos (should have read this thread sooner), Couple questions: 1. Does anyone have a link to the promo site? 2. Will Delta still credit me with the promo miles after the flights have been taken?

Many thanks in advance!
I don't have the link but it is in the promo announcement thread on this board. Highly unlikely they will give you credit as they are very clear about "Register before you fly" in the promo but give it a shot!
Old May 5, 2009, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by avidflyer
I don't have the link but it is in the promo announcement thread on this board. Highly unlikely they will give you credit as they are very clear about "Register before you fly" in the promo but give it a shot!
Thanks for your feedback, I was able to find the promo on delta's website

Now I need to call Skymiles to see if they can credit me the miles (website states it takes about 6 to 8 weeks before mileage is posted).

Last edited by mileageking; May 6, 2009 at 7:43 am
Old May 6, 2009, 1:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by avidflyer
I would flat-out beg. With 2 J tickets under the belt, they may be willing to bend the rules, particularly if there are any others that are out there for future travel. 1K+ should keep calling back until he gets the "no chance" answer at least a few times.

As to the OP. Despite the conspiracy theories, I think it is a very, very safe bet that 75k will earn you Plat through 2010. Who knows beyond that, but for 2010, I think the risk is about 0.0000000001% that 75k during 2009 won't qualify. More importantly, I don't see much benefit for MVPG over even DL Gold anyway. Unless you fly an even mix of AA and the elite-earning ST partners, such that you can get MVPG but only Silver elsewhere, or really want to consolidate your AA and BA TATL flights, I don't see why you would keep it at the exclusion of DL Gold. The checked bag fee waivers and upgrades ex-JFK should be enough reason to go DL.

Last edited by pbarnette; May 6, 2009 at 2:09 am
Old May 6, 2009, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by pbarnette
I would flat-out beg. With 2 J tickets under the belt, they may be willing to bend the rules, particularly if there are any others that are out there for future travel. 1K+ should keep calling back until he gets the "no chance" answer at least a few times.
Thanks for the advise/feedback, I will call later today and keep everyone posted.

cheers.
Old May 6, 2009, 2:24 pm

New level

In the May 2009 Delta on-board magazine, it says that a new fourth Medallion tier (above PM) will be announced in the next two months. Tier will start in 2010.
Old May 6, 2009, 2:34 pm

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
Originally Posted by NHFL9
They might change it for 2011, but they've committed in writing to the PM qualification requirements for the 2010 year.

I think we'll sooner see low fares earn 1/2 MQM's before they change the actual mileage requirement.
Not sure about that one. That was one of the biggest issues in the Save Sky Miles campaign.

One thing DL did already was take away NW Plat 125% bonus miles and instead offer $100%
Old May 6, 2009, 11:46 pm

called skymiles cs looking to get confirmation that triple miles will get credited to my account. Unfortunately she said the promo applies only to pax flying on DL or NW metal and not on any code shared flights (i.e. DL/KE)........damn!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.