Search

50K Bonus miles for UK trips

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2009, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
50K Bonus miles for UK trips

Got this email yesterday from Delta.

So if you register you get 50K Miles + register for MQM promotion - you Double or triple MQM? Interesting.

Earn Up to 50,000 Miles for Transatlantic Travel

Fly just one roundtrip between the United States and the United Kingdom and you'll earn a very big reward.

Register now and then purchase and fly round trip transatlantic flights to/from London (Heathrow or Gatwick), Manchester (MAN), or Edinburgh (EDI) between April 6 and June 30, 2009 and you can earn:

- 50,000 Bonus Miles for paid BusinessElite/Business Class (fare classes J/C/D/S/I on Delta-coded flights and J/C/I/Z on Northwest-coded flights)

- 25,000 Bonus Miles for paid Premium Economy Class (fare classes Y/B/M on Delta-coded flights and Northwest-coded flights)

Register Here

Or, enroll now if you're not already a SkyMiles member. It's fast and free.

For more details about this offer, see Terms & Conditions.

Terms & Conditions
Eligibility:
To participate in this offer, you must be a new or existing SkyMiles member and register online by June 30, 2009.

Bonus Offer:
To participate in this worldwide public offer, you must be a new or existing SkyMiles member and enroll by June 30, 2009 and fly between April 6 and June 30, 2009.

Purchase and fly on Delta or Northwest marketed and operated transatlantic roundtrip flights to/from London (LHR), London (LGW), Edinburgh (EDI) or Manchester (MAN) or Air France marketed/Delta operated roundtrip flights between Atlanta (ATL) or New York (JFK) and London (LHR) between April 6 and June 30, 2009 and earn 50,000 Bonus Miles for paid BusinessElite/Business Class (fare classes J/C/D/S/I on Delta-coded flights and J/C/I/Z on Northwest-coded flights and J/C/D/I/Z on Air France-coded flights) and 25,000 Bonus Miles for paid Premium Economy Class (fare classes Y/B/M on Delta-code flights and Y/B/M on Northwest-coded flights and Y/B/K on Air France-coded flights). Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than the Delta and Northwest are excluded from this offer.

Travel Period:
Travel must be between April 6 and June 30, 2009. All travel must be completed by June 30, 2009.

Award Travel:
Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets.

Miscellaneous:
Your bonus miles will appear automatically on your SkyMiles statement. Allow up to six weeks after qualifying travel is completed for credit to appear. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, visit Membership Guide & Program Rules. Hotel and rental car additions are subject to the terms and conditions of the service provider. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer and each partner. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offers and benefits are subject to change without notice. Bonus applies only to the traveling SkyMiles member. This offer cannot be combined with other Delta/SkyTeam offers. Please refer Delta customer service representative to 970643.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 8:00 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
interesting, thanks for posting. maybe this is to counter the current BA promo for 50k miles? this definitely raises the stakes, i have a BA flight next week and an undecided one in May. these would get me plat (and then some) on DL and 100k bonus miles (plus base miles)...
And NW has matched this too.

Last edited by stephem; Apr 7, 2009 at 10:49 pm
Old Apr 8, 2009, 5:39 am

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
I believe this is the same promo being discussed here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ly-worded.html
Old May 28, 2009, 3:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver
Darn it, Delta! I just got this e-mail today from Delta, and of course last week I finished up a YCA-fared trip from LHR back to ATL. Since I wasn't registered at the time of travel do I have no chance of getting these miles, or since I just registered for it is there a chance they will see my just completed trip?
Old May 28, 2009, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by terrysalmi
Darn it, Delta! I just got this e-mail today from Delta, and of course last week I finished up a YCA-fared trip from LHR back to ATL. Since I wasn't registered at the time of travel do I have no chance of getting these miles, or since I just registered for it is there a chance they will see my just completed trip?
They extended the offer through Sep 30. Previously, the promotion was through the end of June.

Great news! We've extended our offer an extra three months. There's still plenty of time to purchase and fly round trip to London (Heathrow or Gatwick), Manchester (MAN) or Edinburgh (EDI) now through September 30, 2009, and earn 50,000 bonus miles in BusinessElite®/Business Class (or 25,000 in Premium Economy).

Enjoy your fish and chips—and up to 50,000 bonus miles if you fly now through September 30, 2009. Best of all, by earning up to 50,000 bonus miles you can also earn an Award Ticket (or two).

If you haven't already, register today, book your flight to London (LHR & LGW), Manchester (MAN) or Edinburgh (EDI) and complete your travel now through September 30, 2009.
Old May 28, 2009, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Evan!
They extended the offer through Sep 30. Previously, the promotion was through the end of June.

Great news! We've extended our offer an extra three months. There's still plenty of time to purchase and fly round trip to London (Heathrow or Gatwick), Manchester (MAN) or Edinburgh (EDI) now through September 30, 2009, and earn 50,000 bonus miles in BusinessElite®/Business Class (or 25,000 in Premium Economy).

Enjoy your fish and chips—and up to 50,000 bonus miles if you fly now through September 30, 2009. Best of all, by earning up to 50,000 bonus miles you can also earn an Award Ticket (or two).

If you haven't already, register today, book your flight to London (LHR & LGW), Manchester (MAN) or Edinburgh (EDI) and complete your travel now through September 30, 2009.
Ahh, I didn't notice the original end date. But regardless, am I out of luck trying to register for otherwise qualifying flights that have already been flown?
Old May 28, 2009, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by terrysalmi
Ahh, I didn't notice the original end date. But regardless, am I out of luck trying to register for otherwise qualifying flights that have already been flown?
Register anyway. What could it hurt? For the partner promo you can register and get retroactive credit. I see nothing in the T&C that specifically requires you to register first and THEN purchase & fly. You never know. Give it a try!
Eligibility:
To participate in this offer, you must be a new or existing SkyMiles member and register online by September 30, 2009.

Bonus Offer:
To participate in this worldwide public offer, you must be a new or existing SkyMiles member and enroll by September 30, 2009 and fly between April 7 and September 30, 2009.

Bonus Offer: Purchase and fly on Delta or Northwest marketed and operated transatlantic round-trip flights to/from London/LHR, London/LGW, Edinburgh/EDI or Manchester/MAN or Air France marketed/Delta operated round-trip flights between Atlanta/ATL or New York/JFK and London/LHR between April 7 and September 30, 2009, and earn 50,000 bonus miles for paid BusinessElite/Business Class (fare classes J, C, D, S, I on Delta-coded flights and J, C, I, Z on Northwest-coded flights and J, C, D, I, Z on Air France-coded flights) and 25,000 bonus miles for paid Premium Economy Class (fare classes Y, B, M on Delta-coded flights and Northwest-coded flights and Y, B, K on Air France-coded flights). Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than Delta and Northwest are excluded from this offer. Travel Period: Travel must be between April 7 and September 30, 2009. All travel must be completed by September 30, 2009.

Award Travel: Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets.

Miscellaneous: Your bonus miles will appear automatically on your SkyMiles statement. Allow up to six weeks after qualifying travel is completed for credit to appear. All SkyMiles program rules apply....
I am seriously considering buying an M fare and using miles to upgrade if possible. Even if nothing is available at the time of booking, I could get upgraded at the gate if coach is oversold. A PM on an M fare has a halfway decent chance. The extra 25K miles is worth it to me for the extra that an M fare costs. And the MQMs would be 1.5 for an M fare. Not too shabby an offer.
Old May 28, 2009, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
I'm going to sign up for this, but I probably won't get credit for my July roundtrip since it's openjaw: arriving in LHR but returning from BCN.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 1:48 pm

Programs: you name it, i have it
Question

Did anyone receive these bonus miles yet - It appears that it has been extended to Sept 30 -- but I still haven't received my bonus for the last two paid flights in BE... and I leave again tomorrow...

[QUOTE=atldlff;11544800]

Fly just one roundtrip between the United States and the United Kingdom and you'll earn a very big reward.

Register now and then purchase and fly round trip transatlantic flights to/from London (Heathrow or Gatwick), Manchester (MAN), or Edinburgh (EDI) between April 6 and June 30, 2009 and you can earn:

- 50,000 Bonus Miles for paid BusinessElite/Business Class (fare classes J/C/D/S/I on Delta-coded flights and J/C/I/Z on Northwest-coded flights)
- 25,000 Bonus Miles for paid Premium Economy Class (fare classes Y/B/M on Delta-coded flights and Northwest-coded flights)

Miscellaneous:
Your bonus miles will appear automatically on your SkyMiles statement. Allow up to six weeks after qualifying travel is completed for credit to appear. [quote=atldlff;11544800]

Last edited by dlfrflyer; Jul 20, 2009 at 1:53 pm
Old Jul 20, 2009, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by dlfrflyer
Did anyone receive these bonus miles yet - It appears that it has been extended to Sept 30 -- but I still haven't received my bonus for the last two paid flights in BE... and I leave again tomorrow...
I haven't recieved anything for my May flights booked in YCA, purchased/flown before finding out about the offer and registering.

Though, thanks to this thread being bumped, it reminded me I might be eligible for a plethora of miles. At the beginning of the month, I flew what was scheduled and paid as a trip in deep discount economy LHR-ATL-MDW/ORD-ATL-LGW.

Thanks to a voluntary bump on the way to the states, and a IRROPS re-routing on the way back (that resulted with a BE seat) this is how the flights show on my skymiles statement:

Delta Flight 2 from LHR to New York-Kennedy, NY (Y) 3458 1729 5187 5187
Delta Flight 36 from Cincinnati, OH to London-Gatwick, United Kingdom (J) 3982 1991 5973 5973

Since these were put into Y/J when appropriately rescheduled, is this enough for the system to kick 75,000 miles my way?? If so....

^^^^^^
Old Aug 11, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
[QUOTE=dlfrflyer;12094764]Did anyone receive these bonus miles yet - It appears that it has been extended to Sept 30 -- but I still haven't received my bonus for the last two paid flights in BE... and I leave again tomorrow...

[QUOTE=atldlff;11544800]

Miscellaneous:
Your bonus miles will appear automatically on your SkyMiles statement. Allow up to six weeks after qualifying travel is completed for credit to appear.
Originally Posted by atldlff

I still have not received them either for 2 different flights I've taken. The first one has been a little over 6 weeks
Old Aug 11, 2009, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Nada here - and I've flown 4 times in J r/t. They owe me 200K!
Old Aug 11, 2009, 4:36 pm

Finally got some posted!

11 Aug 2009 9MA UK BNSOFFR 0 25000 25000

I have a total of 3 flights that credited as Y across the Atlantic, and one as J. (One Y/Y r/t, one Y/J r/t). Hoping for a lot more miles!

First flight was 17 May.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 4:38 pm

Programs: DL Platinum/SkyTeam Elite Plus
I purchased a roundtrip I ticket from JFK-LHR roundtrip in June.
I still have not recieved my 50,000 bonus miles. I have emailed Delta about this.

I emailed Kevin from Skymiles Promotions but have not heard back yet..

I wanted to buy another one but am afraid I won't get my miles...

No one seems to be getting their miles, and I registered before I flew.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 5:10 pm

Programs: you name it, i have it
Originally Posted by FreqTrav27
I purchased a roundtrip I ticket from JFK-LHR roundtrip in June.
I still have not recieved my 50,000 bonus miles. I have emailed Delta about this.

I emailed Kevin from Skymiles Promotions but have not heard back yet..

I wanted to buy another one but am afraid I won't get my miles...

No one seems to be getting their miles, and I registered before I flew.
I just received some of mine today -- and I signed up while I was on the plane as the email came through right before we took off for LHR. Thx DL!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.