New U.S. Bank Visa card

Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

New U.S. Bank Visa card

Received a post card in the mail today from U.S. Bank promoting the new Visa card which will replace Worldperks Visa. Highlights include double points on cell phone purchases & bills, gas, grocery store and airline purchases. No blackout dates for award travel, ability to redeem points on airline tickets, hotels & car rentals. They also say that Visa is accepted three to one compared to American Express and that 20,000 points on the U.S. Bank Visa will be worth twice as much as the same points on American Express. It appears that U.S. Bank is going to fight loosing their customers to Delta American Express.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Already switched to Southwest Visa, not looking back.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Silver
US Bank needs to roll out much better deals before I consider their credit cards.

For a plain visa signature with quite mediocre rewards, US Bank charges $75 annual fee while BoA's card is $0 with better rewards. Come on US Bank.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 1:50 pm

I think it depends on the type of travel you intend to us the card on. For coach tickets it's quite good. In particular if the tickets are Revenue and earn miles.

On the other hand, for International J, you could be looking at quite a bit more spend to get a DL J award. In particular when you aren't able to combine with BIS and Elite Promo miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.