Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Long Does DL take to Process a Refund?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2009, 9:24 am
Original Poster

How Long Does DL take to Process a Refund?

I haven't cashed in a refundable ticket on a personal credit card in several years (always on corporate card), about how long does Delta usually take to process the refund back?

I cashed in a steep refundable ticket for a personal trip recently and just curious about how long Delta usually takes.

Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2009, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Delta will issue refunds for eligible tickets within seven business days for domestic credit card purchases. The refund may take up to two billing cycles before it is reflected on your credit card statement. Refunds for eligible tickets purchased with cash or check will be processed within 20 business days.
http://www.delta.com/onlinerefunds/refundsHome.do?null
Old Apr 2, 2009, 9:33 am

While the official answer is "up to two billing cycles", anecdotally, I've seen it only take several days.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:06 am

I've got a few trips coming up to ATL that for various reasons are fairly speculative. Is there anything I should know about booking a refundable ticket and then checking in only to no show at the airport. It is unlikely I would have an opportunity to call and cancel them before departure. If I check in but then no show, can I still use the online refund function after the fact?
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks, the phone rep had mentioned "two billing cycles" but I was curious about the real world refund times.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by humanoid94
I've got a few trips coming up to ATL that for various reasons are fairly speculative. Is there anything I should know about booking a refundable ticket and then checking in only to no show at the airport. It is unlikely I would have an opportunity to call and cancel them before departure. If I check in but then no show, can I still use the online refund function after the fact?
I think it requires a phone call.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
Originally Posted by FLLDL
Thanks, the phone rep had mentioned "two billing cycles" but I was curious about the real world refund times.
It took almost a week to receive a refund from Delta back in November 2008.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:16 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
My normal experience has been ~2 days. But I had one in December 2008 that DL was very stubborn about. They were claiming I had paper tix (I didn't) and other nonsense. Ultimately, I had to dispute the charge with AX before DL refunded it properly.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:27 am

I've processed maybe 20 refunds of refundable tickets over the past 2-3 years. In every case, the transaction has posted in under 3 days. I sometimes do it over the phone and sometimes do it online at: https://www.delta.com/onlinerefunds/refundsHome.do

Either way, the refund posts under 3 days (most of the times in 2 days).

Hope this helps
Old Apr 2, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
My wife just cancelled one--and so did I. In both cases, we cancelled on Tuesday and the credit showed up on our AXP statement today--essentially two days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.