Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

5 Delta executives leaving in cost-cutting move

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2009, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat

Delta Air Lines has told employees that five executives will leave the company effective June 1 as it seeks to cut costs and speed its integration with Northwest Airlines.

Full article here.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL
Instead of laying them off, why not just employees that feel financially safe just forefit their salary and work for free? There are several DL FA's that have asked not to be paid but still worked full time.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 6:28 pm

Thought this was going to be a Jeff related April Fool's post.....
Old Apr 1, 2009, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Interesting that virtually all of the female executive talent at NWA has been let go. Might make for an interesting gender discrimination suit down the road...
Old Apr 1, 2009, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
Interesting that virtually all of the female executive talent at NWA has been let go. Might make for an interesting gender discrimination suit down the road...
How many ex-NW female executives have been let go? How many departed on their own? How many remain?
Old Apr 1, 2009, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
http://www.delta.com/about_delta/cor...hies/index.jsp
Old Apr 1, 2009, 6:59 pm

One token
Old Apr 1, 2009, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by zman
One token
and she was apparently over-ruled by the old white men on using the "best of both" IT systems.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Thought this was going to be a Jeff related April Fool's post.....
Unfortunately not, JeffBob still has a job.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Four women and two customer service execs.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta, United
Umm, it does not look like anybody from "Delta" is leaving as the list appears to be just "NWA" senior level executives. So nothing is unexpected here, not even gender bias as some would like to insinuate.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Umm, it does not look like anybody from "Delta" is leaving as the list appears to be just "NWA" senior level executives. So nothing is unexpected here, not even gender bias as some would like to insinuate.
"nothing is unexpected here..."???? you mean those press releases months ago about 2 of them being named DL exec's was just a joke???? Wow-talk about Southern Hospitality....thanks but no thanks, I prefer Minnesota Nice myself
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:33 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hertz #1 Gold, AMEX Plat, Avis CHM, IHG Plat RA
Too bad not R. Anderson. IMO, he did not do a great job at NWA and I fear what'll happen under his leadership at DL/NW. Time will tell.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by chompion
Too bad not R. Anderson. IMO, he did not do a great job at NWA and I fear what'll happen under his leadership at DL/NW. Time will tell.
Actually I'm not afraid of Richard...his record at the RedTail shows me he understands the importance of the customer and that he truly believes the customer comes FIRST....something not fully understood by many in the Airline Industry (paging Jeff and Perhaps Ed?)
Old Apr 4, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hertz #1 Gold, AMEX Plat, Avis CHM, IHG Plat RA
Originally Posted by socrates
Actually I'm not afraid of Richard...his record at the RedTail shows me he understands the importance of the customer and that he truly believes the customer comes FIRST....something not fully understood by many in the Airline Industry (paging Jeff and Perhaps Ed?)
Perhaps but he nearly led NWA to bankruptcy. But for that matter, all airlines were going under.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.