Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't assign seats on delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Can't assign seats on delta.com

I just bought two FC tickets via our corporate travel agent, r/t HSV/HNL. The reservation is ticketed (ticket numbers assigned and show on nwa.com) but no seats are assigned. The flights are operated by Delta but all have NW flight numbers. On nwa.com, as expected, I couldn't assign seats. But I can't assign them on delta.com either - all it shows is "confirm and seats "unassigned". Whaddup with that?
Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
I just bought two FC tickets via our corporate travel agent, r/t HSV/HNL. The reservation is ticketed (ticket numbers assigned and show on nwa.com) but no seats are assigned. The flights are operated by Delta but all have NW flight numbers. On nwa.com, as expected, I couldn't assign seats. But I can't assign them on delta.com either - all it shows is "confirm and seats "unassigned". Whaddup with that?
The only times I can't assign a seat is when:

a) There has been a flight schedule change. In this case, DL's web site shows that there is a schedule change (noted in red). Calling SMS and having them update your itinerary will then let you go and make seat changes.

b) NW only releases seats inside of a 90 day window for all flights and status levels. If your flight is more than 90 days out, you have to wait until you are inside this time window.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Neither case applies. I just bought the tickets for travel over Memorial Day weekend. There's no schedule change noted and I'm less than 60 days out.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
Neither case applies. I just bought the tickets for travel over Memorial Day weekend. There's no schedule change noted and I'm less than 60 days out.
Then I would call up NWA and grab the best possible seats.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avflyer
Then I would call up NWA and grab the best possible seats.
I will. I was able to get in and "request" seats via my corporate web site, but thus far only one (HNL/ATL) has been confirmed and shows up on delta.com. Usually when seats are assigned they show up as links that will open up the seat maps. This one seat appears but not as a link - strange.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

I called NWA elite services and was able to get good seats. She had to call Delta since NW and DL systems don't play well together (why should they...they're only part of the SAME COMPANY). All shows correct on delta.com; nwa.com is still missing one seat. Still no links to access the seat maps though.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Why dont purely NW reservations that have a DL SkyMiles number linked to them not show up on delta.com? Delta.com has the functionality to search for 012-ticket numbers, but neither of my all NW/KL/KQ-operated reservations will pull up with the ticket number. I thought delta.com shows all reservations with one's SM number attached?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.