A-Fares / Rates double?

Old Apr 1, 09, 8:51 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
Please let me know where you are finding $99 Transcon fares at the moment.... If you are talking about $450 ONE WAY, then that's closer to reasonable but if it's RT, not at all. Flying out of MCO, one of the lower base-fare airports in the US, I've been paying $300-400 to get to MSY (relatively competitive with WN). $350/400 is the T fare to LAX which makes sense!
I apologize if I confused you, but yes I was talking about one way (A) fares $450, for first class not round trip. To follow up with your question, a coach ticket non-stop from FLL to LAX May 2nd (U) fare $99 dollars plus tax. - one way. Once again I apologize for going astray from the original thread, but yes A fares have definitely doubled.

Last edited by Ryan8925; Apr 1, 09 at 9:06 am
Old Apr 1, 09, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
FLL to SLC back down

I just checked and (A) fare one way first class tickets from FLL to SLC are back down to $414!!. Maybe this is a starting trend for other transcontinental A fares to drop back to their original prices.
Old Apr 1, 09, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL
I think A fares do need to go down. I'm looking for PBI next year already, and the A fare is $811 RT. Ridiculous price to fly on a M88. It should be $599.