Wiki Posts
Search

"V" Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2009, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lots
"V" Class

Recently hit silver on Delta. All the flights that I have been upgraded on showed a "V" next to the fare class on my activity statement. Until yesterday that is. Flew ATL-BHM in seat 30 something as booked, but it's displaying the v next to the flight on my statement. Wondering if I was upgraded and no one told me about it. I didn't get a seat re-assignment card when my boarding pass was scanned, so I'm wondering if I didn't get an upgrade when the flight was being closed out.

Don't really care, just trying to learn the game. Thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:26 am

Programs: DL DM
Yes, a good chance you were UG-ed after boarding and the GA did not come to tell you. If it looks like you have a chance to clear, I always recommend waiting to board or at a minimum verbally confirming with the GA that he/she will come get you if you clear.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by NHFL9
Yes, a good chance you were UG-ed after boarding and the GA did not come to tell you. If it looks like you have a chance to clear, I always recommend waiting to board or at a minimum verbally confirming with the GA that he/she will come get you if you clear.
Thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2009, 2:23 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by DashPilot
Recently hit silver on Delta. All the flights that I have been upgraded on showed a "V" next to the fare class on my activity statement. Until yesterday that is. Flew ATL-BHM in seat 30 something as booked, but it's displaying the v next to the flight on my statement. Wondering if I was upgraded and no one told me about it. I didn't get a seat re-assignment card when my boarding pass was scanned, so I'm wondering if I didn't get an upgrade when the flight was being closed out.

Don't really care, just trying to learn the game. Thanks!
Unless you were on an extremely early flight (like the first one of the day), it is highly improbable (not impossible, just high improbable) that as a FO you'll get upgraded either way ATL-BHM. As a PM, that was one of the most difficult segments to get an upgrade on and often I'd be 5 or 6 down the list. There are tons of people who drive to BHM (including a lot from ATL) to avoid the high prices that you get flying out of the hub.

My guess is that you are just seeing a glitch. However, as has been pointed out, if you are at the top of the list and think you have a shot either wait it out or make sure the GA will pull you up if you happen to clear.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:22 am

Programs: DL PM, Starwood Lifetime Plat/Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PresCircle
I just flew from MCO-SLC and didn't get my upgrade due to an equipment change. Flew my coach seat, but is showed both V class on my boarding pass and the usual UV on my delta.com flight activity. So there's another case that can happen.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 8:15 am

Programs: DL 2.945MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond,
Mrs Patom and I were on separate PNRs yesterday on DL 1404 ATL-DAY. I cleared at the gate. Mrs Patom(FO) was number 1 on the upgrade list at boarding. Despite my advice to wait she chose to board so technically she gave up the upgrade. As boarding was winding down the FA came to the seat I had previously been assigned; addressed the man sitting there with my last name and invited him to move to first. My assumption is that the GA told the FA to upgrade passenger Patom in seat xx E and he actually upgraded the passenger in seat xx D. Mrs P's flight history shows UV. Not a real big deal for a short one hour flight but hope it never happens on a long trip. Perhaps also Mrs P will learn to listen to FTers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.