Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Photo of new BusinessElite lie-flats on 767-400

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2009, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP

Found over on the A.net forums...

Not the greatest photo, but a start...

http://widgetheads.net/photos/1804.jpg
Old Mar 10, 2009, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
looks very nice, thanks!
i love the oxygen mask in the back, adds to the ambiance
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! Its must to be more impressive brand new J class lie-flats. I can't wait to see newest J class. DL will have to begin first revenue flight for ATL-LHR. It's looks gorgeous! So is that in between 30 or 40 passengers seat configuration?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:58 pm

Programs: DL DM
It's a major improvement for Delta, but they are still playing catch-up with their European TATL competitors. Instead of being standard setting, they are simply keeping up with the Joneses-- and not doing a very good job of it, at that. If they truly want to earn business from their competitors' customers, they need to innovate and introduce a business class product that will make people want to fly them who haven't flown them in the past.

I applaud Delta for making some small attempts to really protect their premium product. Not giving away easy upgrades to elites in order to fill empty seats up front is just one example.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I like the hardwood floors at the boarding doors/galley
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:41 pm
Suspended

Eeek, bad execution! Tell me those seat covers are not completely on. Nothing worse than a cute boy in baggie briefs!

I've never been a fan of the new stark blue and white interiors. Especially with the new tan duvets. Why doesn't JoAnne Smith read Metropolitan Home? Two thumbs around and down.

I give DL a few points for trying. However the cabin unfortunately still looks Cheesey American.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 7:50 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Cloth seats or leather? IIRC, the new BE seats on the B777's are leather.

Thanks for posting.

Great catch seeing the hardwood at the entrance. I like the plastic in the aisles.
Definitely not a photograph to advertise a new product.

- Pat

Last edited by Wiirachay; Mar 11, 2009 at 10:34 am
Old Mar 11, 2009, 8:23 am

Looks a bit cramped to me. No Shoulder room before hitting the plastic side. Still love Virgin Upper Class.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 9:12 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by Wiirachay
Great catch seeing the hardwood at the entrance.
Do the 764s board from 2L? I know the 763s board from 1L, but I'm not sure I've been in a 764ER.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 9:44 am
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by AGSF
It's a major improvement for Delta, but they are still playing catch-up with their European TATL competitors. Instead of being standard setting, they are simply keeping up with the Joneses-- and not doing a very good job of it, at that. If they truly want to earn business from their competitors' customers, they need to innovate and introduce a business class product that will make people want to fly them who haven't flown them in the past.
Geez, what more could Delta do on a 767? King size beds with 50" Hi-Def screens?

The seat goes completely flat. There is aisle access from each seat. There is ample shoulder room. And on top of that, the soft product (flight attendants and service) is fine (and, yes, I have flown BA and Virgin). The only thing lacking IMO is a better pre-departure experience at the airport for international J customers (from limo service to check-in to lounges).
Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:30 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Robert Leach
Geez, what more could Delta do on a 767? King size beds with 50" Hi-Def screens?
And a personal hot-tub for each J passenger...
Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:39 am

I'd say the new seats put DL smack in the middle of the TATL competitors. But certainly not state of the art. That's reserved for airlines like BA, which have a more suite like product in J. Still, this is a BIG improvement over the 18.5 wide recliners.

I also give a ^ to the power connector. For once it's a connector that doesn't require awkward movements and/or a flashlight to find.

Soft product, I suspect the EU based airlines have better adult beverages. But I think it's too soon really to compare, I'm not sure what going to happen when they "harmonize" the NW/DL product.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:40 am

It looks like the arm rest is much thinner at the base. Should make for a slight improvement in seat width.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DL Platinum
And a personal hot-tub for each J passenger...
Yeah, good ideas!
Old Mar 11, 2009, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 18sas
Do the 764s board from 2L? I know the 763s board from 1L, but I'm not sure I've been in a 764ER.
Yes, it was boarding is in 2L on operated 767-400ER aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.