delta atlanta to san jose costa rica 1st

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2009, 1:46 pm
mz1
Original Poster

delta atlanta to san jose costa rica 1st

Is the service better than domestic 1st class
Old Mar 10, 2009, 2:44 pm

Location: Washington, DC/Central Pacific Coast of Costa Rica - Los Suenos Resort - Playa Herradura
Programs: Delta Plat/SPG Plat
fc/biz service to SJO

I take this flight, on average, twice a month. The food is SLIGHTLY better going down than domestic fc. They have a printed menu and usually its beef and then chicken and pasta. The caterers in SJO leave a lot to be desired however. The northbound food up front is sometimes not edible. I grew up non-reving on Delta and actually don't mind most airline food but sometimes its pretty grim.

The best part is the flight attendents on this route. I know a lot of them by name and they are great. The red wine selection lately has been pretty good. As a platinum I have been upgraded over 40 times and have NEVER sat in coach - the central american unlimited upgrades are sweet.

Should you take the evening flight (or the morning flight for that matter!) DO NOT drink and drive - even one beer - the police are really cracking down and of course it is the right thing to do even if they weren't! I do not trust their breathalizers AT ALL.

You will love CR - I sure do!

sofap

Last edited by sonofapilotman; Mar 10, 2009 at 2:45 pm Reason: my Ole Miss education!
Old Mar 10, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Timing is perfect as I am doing a FC award ticket in April. We are then driving quite a distance from the airport so appreciate your warning on the alcohol.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 4:01 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by sonofapilotman
You will love CR - I sure do!
+1
Old Mar 10, 2009, 4:59 pm
mz1
Original Poster

any 110volt power on these flighta
Old Mar 10, 2009, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mz1
any 110volt power on these flighta
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...oth-dl-nw.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.