Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-LAX now leaving from T4!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2009, 8:53 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by mizzou miles
Well, the aircraft has to arrive into T4 from *somewhere*
Okay, so I just checked in for my flights this afternoon, and I saw some interesting things:

Looks like most flights today are using gate B22 in T4...

Inbound flights providing equipment to LAX flights look like:

DL155 from MAN
DL163 from AGP

I'll update later today with info on shuttles.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RBFlyguy
If the Oasis lounge is airside in T4, then it seems like this whole thing may be an upgrade...
From the Priority Pass Location Information page: "Location: Landside - the Lounge is located before Security in the East Wing of the terminal (4E), on the 4th Floor."

This aligns with my recollection from the last time that I used it a few years ago.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 9:11 am

Programs: DL GLD; AA GLD; CO GLD
Originally Posted by monitor
From the Priority Pass Location Information page: "Location: Landside - the Lounge is located before Security in the East Wing of the terminal (4E), on the 4th Floor."

This aligns with my recollection from the last time that I used it a few years ago.
I can confirm it is outside of security.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:19 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by berkeleybum
I can confirm it is outside of security.
ah, that is too bad. i looked at the map, it appears all lounges in t4 are landside, with the exception of the Emirates and Air India Lounge.

i am a bit torn as to what is the better play- to use the CRC's and take the shuttle bus over, or to use the Oasis lounge (again, assuming entry is allowed) and deal with security right before you board.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:31 am
Original Poster

i am a bit torn as to what is the better play- to use the CRC's and take the shuttle bus over, or to use the Oasis lounge (again, assuming entry is allowed) and deal with security right before you board.

For me security is just too much of an unknown and I'd be too worried/stressed to enjoy a lounge before crossing security. Even if a line is short, it just takes one or two people to slow things ups...

I am always amazed that there are STILL people who don't know about the the rules on fluids...
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
The shuttle arrives at gate B23 in T4, the normal bussing operation gate for the terminal. It is pretty well located across from the gates Delta will be using.
Should be fun having multiple LAX departures from T4. This morning Virgin America's 7:30am LAX flight departed earlier than the 700am Delta!
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Platinum, Delta Reserve, Hilton Diamond
The more I think about it this just seems like a dumb move. This is a premium route that now has flyers schleping around on busses, no CRC and a third party lounge that can only be used on business class international fares, which JFK to LAX isn't.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:52 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
The LAX-JFK flights seem to still be arriving in T3/T2. Can anyone confirm this?
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:55 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
The LAX-JFK flights seem to still be arriving in T3/T2. Can anyone confirm this?
Looks that way. Since they cycle some of the 752ERs to LAX and back, they need to cycle some of the non-ers to other routes... they have a couple of international flights arriving at T4 to feed LAX.... when they return I assume they'll land at T2/3 to feed their next international turns.

As for me, my Freedom flight to JFK today is so terribly delayed I won't make my connection, so I'll have to do the T4 dance some other day. Love to hear any reports of how it goes, though...
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:59 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by gooseman13
The shuttle arrives at gate B23 in T4, the normal bussing operation gate for the terminal. It is pretty well located across from the gates Delta will be using.
Should be fun having multiple LAX departures from T4. This morning Virgin America's 7:30am LAX flight departed earlier than the 700am Delta!
do we know for certain how frequent the buses run?
Old Feb 23, 2009, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, MM
If the Oasis lounge is airside in T4, then it seems like this whole thing may be an upgrade (assuming we can get in).

I have to believe they will tweak the biz class intl flight requirement given the terminal move.

If anyone hears, or experiences the lounge policy towards DL flyers that are PM's, amex plats, CRC members, etc, please let us know!
I just called the Oasis Lounge and the representative indicated that CRC members are not permitted but PM are permitted for JFK to LAX.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by Coriolis63
I just called the Oasis Lounge and the representative indicated that CRC members are not permitted but PM are permitted for JFK to LAX.
Sorry for my ignorance! What PM means?
Old Feb 23, 2009, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by laminar
Sorry for my ignorance! What PM means?
Platinum Medallion.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Burj

For me security is just too much of an unknown and I'd be too worried/stressed to enjoy a lounge before crossing security. Even if a line is short, it just takes one or two people to slow things ups...
I think they have security down very well at T4, I've never had to wait more than 2 mins. The Oasis is a nice change and upgrade from the CRC's (self service bar!)
Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I think they have security down very well at T4, I've never had to wait more than 2 mins. The Oasis is a nice change and upgrade from the CRC's (self service bar!)
I do have to admit that when I've been at T4 for family flying on Emirates...I've always been curious about the Oasis lounge! Maybe I'll finally get to enter in the near future!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.