Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-LAX now leaving from T4!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2009, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by newyorkmetz12
I often fly bos-jfk-west coast and back, on return I often have about 3:30 layover in JFK. My family lives on LI and I often tell them to meet me at terminal 4. We always hang out in the oasis lounge. I just show my PM card, no problem ever. It is a very nice lounge, however it attracts a lot of families with young loud children running around. The food is more ethnic(lots of Indian and Middle Eastern food), but the amenities are a notch up from the CRC in JFK.
I don't think you're supposed to be getting access to that lounge based solely on your DL PM status, especially when flying domestically. Consider yourself lucky so far.

I think this is the most stupid change ever. If I were a connecting passenger, there's no way that I would fly DL knowing that I will need to take such a connection upon landing at JFK.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by mizzou miles
Well, the aircraft has to arrive into T4 from *somewhere*
Good point. I wonder if this will mean that the LAX-JFK will start arriving at T4. Any ideas?

If so, anyone know how long it would take to go from T4 to T1?
Old Feb 21, 2009, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Good point. I wonder if this will mean that the LAX-JFK will start arriving at T4. Any ideas?

If so, anyone know how long it would take to go from T4 to T1?
Not long at all with the AirTrain. It runs every 5 or 7 minutes, and once on board the journey takes no more than 2 or 3 minutes.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by SFTNYC
Not long at all with the AirTrain. It runs every 5 or 7 minutes, and once on board the journey takes no more than 2 or 3 minutes.
So, does this makes sense to get from T4 to T1:

From the moment you get off the plane in T4...

5 minutes to get to AirTrain
7 minute wait for train (worst-case)
3 minute ride to Terminal 1

So, it should be 15 minutes from time off the plane in T4 to the security at T1. Does that make sense?
Old Feb 21, 2009, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by troyb
I don't think you're supposed to be getting access to that lounge based solely on your DL PM status, especially when flying domestically. Consider yourself lucky so far.
See the DL lounge access rules for First trans-con flights.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Up to 30 mins security at T3 or go through T2, have 10 mins security max and then possibly a huge sprint to your next flight. Add 20 mins to your estimate, making it 35 mins to make the connection which if your connection was supposed to be 1 and half hours, and is cut in half due to whatever reason means that it becomes difficult to catch your flight.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Signs for gates B20, B22, B23, B24 (these are the gates at T4 that Delta will be using) are already up in both Terminals 3 and 2 and as aeolos mentioned, there will be shuttle buses leaving from both T2 and T3 for those gates. Those four above-mentioned gates are the ones in the pier that are closest to T3 today; (FYI, NW currently uses gates that are on the opposite side - gates A3, for example; I would assume that by summer the NW flights will move over to the B gates as well).

The bus from T2 will leave from Gate 19A (which is currently used to board some DL Connection flights) while the bus from T3 will leave from Gate 11 (the current People Mover gate). This will allow airside connections if one is connecting to/from Delta flights within the T2/T3/T4 complex.

As for the T4 Oasis lounge, when I passed by it today, the list of airlines allowed to use the lounge included one category for "Delta, Continental, Korean, Alitalia"...
Old Feb 21, 2009, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
So, does this makes sense to get from T4 to T1:

From the moment you get off the plane in T4...

5 minutes to get to AirTrain
7 minute wait for train (worst-case)
3 minute ride to Terminal 1

So, it should be 15 minutes from time off the plane in T4 to the security at T1. Does that make sense?
Just about-

May take a bit longer than 5 minutes to get to airtrain (but not much), depending on what gate your flight arrives. Also in the B-Concourse, the moving walkways conveniently run in one direction only, away from the terminal.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
As for the T4 Oasis lounge, when I passed by it today, the list of airlines allowed to use the lounge included one category for "Delta, Continental, Korean, Alitalia"...
Unless Delta has made NEW arrangements with the Oasis lounge the "Delta" doesn't mean much on their listing.

I went in once and asked them about that, even showed them my CRC card and the desk staff told me that Delta is listed there because it is a SkyTeam member...*SO* if I was a Delta Plat (which I am) AND I was flying out of T4 on a SkyTeam airline to an Int'l destination THEN (and only then) would I get entry...basically the SkyTeam Elite Plus benefit...

That is why Delta is listed with the other SkyTeam airlines as one catagory.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by SFTNYC
Just about-

May take a bit longer than 5 minutes to get to airtrain (but not much), depending on what gate your flight arrives. Also in the B-Concourse, the moving walkways conveniently run in one direction only, away from the terminal.
Cool, so I'll figured in about 20 minutes to get from "off the plane" to security at T1. And then, worst-cast another 20 minutes (even though we are in elite/biz line), so 40 mins plane-to-plane.

With 1:50 connection, that seems pretty good.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by mizzou miles
Well, the aircraft has to arrive into T4 from *somewhere*
Originally Posted by aa4ever
Wait, so my JFK-VCE flight in June won't qualify for bussing? Or do you mean only applies for LAX until more DL flights start going out of T4 in the summer schedule? Supposedly (according to DL.com) my flight is going out of T4, and I really don't want to have to do a T2-T4 connection landside w/ Airtrain and all.
Oops...sorry, I should have clarified more. Right now it is LAX departures at T4. I believe the arrivals could be from any city that has an aircraft turning to LAX (738 and 757 routes).

More destinations move to T4 as we go into the summer. The NW operated DL flights (JFK-VCE, JFK-ATH) will be over there...I don't have a list of the others at this time.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 7:18 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by aeolos
Right now it is LAX departures at T4. I believe the arrivals could be from any city that has an aircraft turning to LAX (738 and 757 routes).
Not so sure about this. If you check out the flight information screen for tomorrow at www.jfkiat.com, you'll see tomorrow's DL/NW departures to LAX are listed in the system... but there are NO corresponding arrivals, from any city. Is it possible DL will be towing aircraft over to T4 for now? Maybe they don't yet have landing rights at T4.

There has for a couple of days been an arrival listing at T4 for DL192 from Buenos Aires, but the DL website each day has says it's actually arriving at Gate 26, which is in T2.

This is pretty confusing - maybe they'll have it all ironed out by tomorrow. (I hope)
Old Feb 22, 2009, 7:27 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
DL T4 Gates

If Delta is taking over B20/B22 , then which gates are Virgin America going to use ?
Old Feb 23, 2009, 8:47 am

Programs: DL DM
If the Oasis lounge is airside in T4, then it seems like this whole thing may be an upgrade (assuming we can get in).

I have to believe they will tweak the biz class intl flight requirement given the terminal move.

If anyone hears, or experiences the lounge policy towards DL flyers that are PM's, amex plats, CRC members, etc, please let us know!
Old Feb 23, 2009, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by RBFlyguy
I have to believe they will tweak the biz class intl flight requirement given the terminal move.
You would hope so since this is on of the "premium" routes that DL gives lounge access to Transcontinental First Class Passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.