Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

500 Bonus Miles: Link Your SkyMiles & WorldPerks Accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

500 Bonus Miles: Link Your SkyMiles & WorldPerks Accounts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2009, 7:15 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by Schark
Instant transfer for me too.

WP Visa wasn't a waste of time after all

Anyone know what they plan on doing with those things?
I can't imagine AMEX will be happy if they turn into SM Visa cards.
I'm DEFINITELY wondering the same thing.... Anyone?
Old Jan 30, 2009, 8:59 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
This is an awesome feature!!!

I have been trying to get an award ticket in J with Delta from GVA - AKL. Delta doesn't publish Europe to South Pacific on their award chart but her the Executive Partner desk it would be 230,000 SkyMiles and >$500 in taxes thanks to the international origination surcharge.

Last night I "liberated" 230,000 miles from Delta to NW. A 45 minute call to NW with a competent agent got me an award ticket in J on KLM and Malaysian Air for 150,000 miles and $100 in taxes! <TWO THUMBS UP>. I will either send the remaining 70,000 miles back or save them to use on future NW award bookings.

Using NW to redeem miles instead of Delta is finally the first workaround I have found to avoid the international origination surcharges, which as I have found can sometimes make an Award ticket cost more in taxes and fees than an actual Revenue ticket.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 9:11 am

Programs: DL-PM/R, 1985 US
Originally Posted by gsupstate
I'm DEFINITELY wondering the same thing.... Anyone?
There are a few "theories" over on the NW forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...erks-visa.html
Old Jan 30, 2009, 9:56 am

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
I just tranferred all my miles to DL and all went well. Received the confirmation email seconds later. Good job DL/NW! The 500 bonus miles are great too!
Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:26 am

Programs: Skyteam
Quick and easy.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
The transfer works quite smoothly. I can only think that it was the NWA IT people who worked on it, and not the DL. Otherwise, we'd be waiting for 6 more months before a jury rigged app would be available.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 11:00 am

No problems here using Firefox to link accounts
Old Jan 30, 2009, 11:30 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
How are people getting 500 bonus miles posted instantly to their NW accounts with this? The NW page says the 500 bonus miles will be posted into the linked Skymiles account 2-4 weeks after qualification.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
How are people getting 500 bonus miles posted instantly to their NW accounts with this?
I'm not sure anyone has said they have.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by soitgoes
I'm not sure anyone has said they have.
Post #45 alludes to this.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 1:33 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Originally Posted by Richard1148
Post #45 alludes to this.
Well, I'm SM, not WP, so I don't know if anyone is actually seeing the bonus. However, I think we're getting some T/C changes on the sly. I distinctly remember reading on DL's version of the landing page that Worldperks members would see the bonus immediately and SM members would see it 4-6 after the end of the promo. Any reference to immediate bonus has since been removed.

However, the following language on the NW page is interesting (emphasis mine) ...

Account Linking Bonus Miles Terms and Conditions

1. A member with both a WorldPerks and a SkyMiles account can earn 500 Bonus Miles by linking their WorldPerks and SkyMiles accounts.
2. 500 Bonus Miles will be deposited into the SkyMiles account provided at the time of linking.
3. Maximum Bonus Miles any one member can earn with this promotion is 500 Bonus Miles.
4. Promotion Period January 29, 2009 – March 15, 2009
5. Bonus Miles will be credited to SkyMiles member's account 2-4 weeks after the end of the promotion.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by jbatl
However, the following language on the NW page is interesting (emphasis mine) ...
It probably should say something like:
2. 500 Bonus Miles will be deposited into the SkyMiles account (number) provided at the time of linking (2-4 weeks following the end of the promotion).
Old Jan 30, 2009, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by spgaston
Yes, NW allows North America to Moscow via Asia, and N. America to Asia from US West coast via MSP/DTW without tacking on an extra award.
Do tell me more about the to Moscow option via Asia. What's the routing and can you give me a starting point on nwa.com to start sniffing this out? I'm very, very interested in this.
----------------------------------------------
Updated a few minutes later. Perry, at the WorldPerks Res Desk, said no that is not doable and never has been (?). He said since Moscow is in Europe the ticket would have to be via ATL or CDG or AMS. Is there a not known to Perry option that is out there for the taking? Any help you could provide would be very helpful. Thanks!

Last edited by woody125; Jan 30, 2009 at 2:06 pm
Old Jan 30, 2009, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL DM; UA; AA
Linked, transferred (from NW to DL). Took a grand total of about two minutes, including locating my WorldPerks card Excellent.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 2:36 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Originally Posted by thenewbie
It probably should say something like:
Astute observation. I did not read it that way initially, but see that meaning now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.