Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Buy Miles - Got hit with foreign transaction fee

Old Jan 29, 2009, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, Hilton GoldMarriott Titanium

I bought a some top-off miles during one of the promotions and when I was looking at my latest credit card bill I noticed something funny. I found that the transaction amount for the miles I bought was higher than on my email receipt. Turns out Delta/Points.com ran the transaction through in Canada in USD, only for my bank to hit me with a $5.91 foreign transaction fee.

I had to call Delta to clean up an itinerary and asked the rep if they knew anything, which they didnt, nor did any supervisor she talked to. I've also emailed Delta, but as we all know its farely useless, since I just got a canned response of the T&C's telling me about payment and taxes.

I'm about to email with Points.com to see if they can rectify this, but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this when buying miles? It just seems a bit strange for it to have happened (add that with the city on the bill being listed as Toronto, Quebec...)
Old Jan 30, 2009, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by Berto
I bought a some top-off miles during one of the promotions and when I was looking at my latest credit card bill I noticed something funny. I found that the transaction amount for the miles I bought was higher than on my email receipt. Turns out Delta/Points.com ran the transaction through in Canada in USD, only for my bank to hit me with a $5.91 foreign transaction fee.

I had to call Delta to clean up an itinerary and asked the rep if they knew anything, which they didnt, nor did any supervisor she talked to. I've also emailed Delta, but as we all know its farely useless, since I just got a canned response of the T&C's telling me about payment and taxes.

I'm about to email with Points.com to see if they can rectify this, but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this when buying miles? It just seems a bit strange for it to have happened (add that with the city on the bill being listed as Toronto, Quebec...)

Points.com ? Very odd... so is somebody thinking that Toronto is in Quebec

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.