Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Good Luck With Flying Today and This Weekend....

Good Luck With Flying Today and This Weekend....

Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Seat1A
i got a third-hand report of a comair flight JFK-IAH on saturday that left with 22 people on board, IDBing the rest of the full flight. winds were heavy, and it took the CR9 4 hours in the air, plus JFK taxi time.. sounds like a weight/range issue..
Another example of why a RJ on that route (long and between two major cities) is a ludicrous farce.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 2:06 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
My IRROPS Experience on 12/28 at CVG

First DL post for me because I've mainly fly international on NW + Skyteam partners. With DL flights merging freely onto nwa.com, it's more likely for me to be on DL metal often from now on. (Even ignoring all of the new paint jobs scheduled for the "red tails".)

On 12/28 I flew FRA-CVG for my first DL flight in years. Random reactions: DL food beats NW. (Don't ever take the "chicken" in coach in NW.) I like DL peanuts over NW minipretzels. After peanuts, I tried these cookies with "DELTA" stamped on them. Oh my! I would pay good money for those. Yummy!!

DL vs NW cabin service a toss-up. Both are good, and each with a differing style of their respective corporate identities.

Hardware: DL 767-300ER I was completely shocked that anybody is still doing over-ocean flights with no in-seat video screens. I did find DL's "old school" coach seats to be a little more comfy than NW's newer seats.

Arriving in CVG, I found my connecting flight to LAX cancelled. Yikes!!
I went all the way out through the airport to ticketing, and got an agent to find an alternate way home. (Later found out my original flight was IRROPS due to mechanical.) He found me a CVG-LAS flight, but disappeared before giving me a boarding pass while he said he needed to get authorization to rebook me on another carrier past LAS. I was getting concerned about making the DL CVG-LAS departure, and found another ticket agent to look up my PNR and print out a boarding pass to send me on my way to LAS. The second agent said I was already booked on US from LAS to LAX, and to see US ticketing in LAS.

After arriving in LAS, I was VERY surprised to get handed a first class boarding pass by the US ticket agent for my next flight on to LAX.

Checking my mileage posting today on nwa.com, I now understand why: I was rebooked from a deep discount coach fare into Y on my CVG-LAX flight, and I got a nice Y-class WorldPerks EQM bonus, which exceeded the mileage reduction from changing CVG-LAX to CVG-LAS.

Is it normal for DL to upgrade IRROP's into Y buckets? Aside from the disappearing act, was the first ticketing agent in CVG the one who got me my Y-class mileage bonus and a nice comfy F-class seat for my LAS-LAX leg?

The CVG-LAS flight was also meaningful for me because it pushed me over 50,000 EQM's for WP gold for 2009!

Bowgie
Old Dec 30, 2008, 6:57 am

Programs: Delta PM
IME if you are IRROPs on Delta, you are rebooked as Y and will get upgraded (with near top of the list priority) if upgrades are available.

I, too, love the Biscoff & the peanuts (vs. alternatives from the other airlines...)

Welcome to DL :-)
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by Bowgie
After peanuts, I tried these cookies with "DELTA" stamped on them. Oh my! I would pay good money for those. Yummy!!
Those are the Biscoff cookies...also known as BCC (Biscoff Crack Cookies) and you CAN pay good money for them! You can buy them from Biscoff and get frequent flier miles too! Alas the ones you buy from Biscoff directly will NOT have "DELTA" stamped on them.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:34 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, NW Gold for '09
Originally Posted by tracyutah
IME if you are IRROPs on Delta, you are rebooked as Y and will get upgraded (with near top of the list priority) if upgrades are available.
Well, "technically", if an agent rebooks you they are "supposed" to IP you into the class of service you originally purchased. Gate agents usually don't have the time to be fumbling around with booking codes so they usually just grab Y space. Delta Direct agents usually have more time and less pressure of someone standing in front of them, so they use the IP function more often (though not always).

If IPRS (the involuntary protect rebooking system) rebooks you it always pulls from Y inventory. When i'd get friendly Medallions i'd leave them in Y (enjoy the extra miles/upgrade priority). If they got snippy or flat out nasty i'd cancel the Y space and IP the correct inventory.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.