Advice using Skymiles for a KL Flight

Old Dec 18, 08, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Advice using Skymiles for a KE Flight

Hi FT'ers:

I am planning to go to SAO, Brazil summertime 2009. I have 60K Delta Skymiles and of course they are unusable flying Delta, as Skymiles is asking for up to 90K for a RT. So I was thinking about taking the LAX-GRU nonstop on Korean Air.

My questions are:

1. Do you think I can get a RT on KE for 60K Delta Skymiles?
2. How can I "easily" search for available award seats on KE? I signed up for KE SkyPass but it won't let me search without adequate miles in my account.
3. Does the 3 tier Skymiles thing apply to KE flights too?
Any help appreciated.

Last edited by mrkymark; Dec 18, 08 at 12:47 am Reason: Changing KL to KE
Old Dec 18, 08, 12:05 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
KL? That's KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, my friend.

Korean Air Lines is KE.

Just call DL to ask them to check the flight availability on KE. I have heard rumours that you can see some KE award availability using nwa.com, but I didn't have the same experience.
Old Dec 20, 08, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by mrkymark View Post
Hi FT'ers:

I am planning to go to SAO, Brazil summertime 2009. I have 60K Delta Skymiles and of course they are unusable flying Delta, as Skymiles is asking for up to 90K for a RT. So I was thinking about taking the LAX-GRU nonstop on Korean Air.
1. SAO - I am not trying to pick on you, BUT if you want to go to Sao Paulo, Brazil, the airport code is GRU not SAO.

2. If you want to use Delta Skymiles to get to GRU, call don't go online Delta, and ask them to check Korean (KL), Northwest, Continental, and Copa Airlines.

3. If you post the particulars of your itinerary (departure city(ies), dates, etc. FT'ers can help.

Let us know what happens.
Old Dec 20, 08, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by whynotgo View Post
2. If you want to use Delta Skymiles to get to GRU, call don't go online Delta, and ask them to check Korean (KL), Northwest, Continental, and Copa Airlines.
I don't think NWA goes there, but also check AeroMexico (AM).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: