Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expiration of ecredits - can it be extended?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2008, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage 1MM Lifetime Gold
Question Expiration of ecredits - can it be extended?

Hi. I have several ecredits expiring early next year, but no trips planned... I thought that I could purchase a trip using the ecredits, then cancel the itinerary within 24 hours for a refund. The question is: am I refunded back the original ecredit or a brand new one?
Old Dec 17, 2008, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
When you use the ecredit the ticket purchased isn't eligible for 24 hour risk free cancellation, so that won't work (technically).

Check my post here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...cellation.html
Old Dec 17, 2008, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage 1MM Lifetime Gold
Unhappy

Originally Posted by doodiedan
When you use the ecredit the ticket purchased isn't eligible for 24 hour risk free cancellation, so that won't work (technically).

Check my post here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...cellation.html
Thanks. After reading the post, it is not clear which types of vouchers might or might not be refundable. I will continue searching for answers on this very obscure and stressful topic.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:01 am

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
DL certs have a built in automatic 30 day extension. I found this out quite by accident. Figured I'd have to call and beg but tried to redeem online anyway and it worked! I got a message but don't remmeber the exact verbiage. It did state something to the effect that the cert was XX days past expiration but because it was within 30 it was being honored.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.