Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Medallion Status

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2008, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Delta Medallion Status

Quick question for anyone who can help, i just earned the "Silver Medallion" status on Delta. I am curious to know how long is it good for. Is it for life or a certain time limit, say a 1 year clock that begins the day I earned it? The question could also be asked in a different way, how long are MQM miles good for? I am fairly certain that there has to be a time limit because it adds to the exclusivity of the perk.

thanks again.

Pedram
Old Dec 14, 2008, 8:30 pm

Your status will be good through February 2010.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 8:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
And your MQM's are good for the calendar year.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Welcome to FT.

Your FO (Silver Medallion) status expires on February 28, 2010. MQMs go to 0 at Midnight, January 1.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 10:25 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk and CONGRATULATIONS on making Medallion!
Old Dec 14, 2008, 11:12 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Juuuuust incase there is confusion in the wording...

Status is good through 2010 in your instance. You can renew it by flying another 25,000 paid miles again in 2009 and will renew through 2/2011.

As for the miles, yes, your 25,000+ MQM's will reset back to zero on 12/31/2008, however the 25,000 miles you earned this year will still be there in your bank for a few years, it will say on your account page "SkyMiles Mileage Expiration: 31 Dec 201x" To keep those miles in your bank, you'll just need to fly periodically.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 11:45 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Originally Posted by photojojo

Status is good through 2010 in your instance. You can renew it by flying another 25,000 paid miles again in 2009 and will renew through 2/2011.

As for the miles, yes, your 25,000+ MQM's will reset back to zero on 12/31/2008, however the 25,000 miles you earned this year will still be there in your bank for a few years, it will say on your account page "SkyMiles Mileage Expiration: 31 Dec 201x" To keep those miles in your bank, you'll just need to fly periodically.
Or sign up for a DL branded CC, or shop @Skymiles Shopping, or enroll in Hilton Honors and have miles deposited to your DL account, or......
Old Dec 15, 2008, 2:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Welcome to FT.

Your FO (Silver Medallion) status expires on February 28, 2010. MQMs go to 0 at Midnight, January 1.
Sorry for the Stupid question here, but what the heck does FO stand for? I've seen it all over the place, & gotten to the point where I know what it is, but not how it came to be/what it stands for...

Thanks!
Old Dec 15, 2008, 4:42 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by terockwo
Sorry for the Stupid question here, but what the heck does FO stand for? I've seen it all over the place, & gotten to the point where I know what it is, but not how it came to be/what it stands for...

Thanks!
FO=Flies Often. Nice thread here with history:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...5-what-fo.html
Old Dec 15, 2008, 6:42 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by terockwo

Thanks!
Since "SM" can stand for "SkyMiles" as well as "Silver Medallion" the abbreviation "FO" is used on this board for Silver status, just for clarity. You won't find FO used on any of the other airline boards (at least not that I've read).
Old Dec 15, 2008, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
FO was the code back in the "olden days" when there was only one level of elite status.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by photojojo

It looks like they are changing to a rolling 2 year expiration date if I read Delta's website correctly:

SkyMiles Mileage Expiration Policy Changes
Effective January 1, 2009, the SkyMiles program mileage expiration policy will change from the existing two-year policy tied to the end of the calendar year to a rolling two-year policy for all SkyMiles members. Miles will expire two years after a member’s last qualifying activity rather than at the end of the year. For example, if a member’s last qualifying activity took place on February 1, 2009, the member’s miles will expire on February 28, 2011 – not on December 31, 2011.

A qualifying activity occurs when a member earns, receives or redeems miles. Examples of qualifying activities include:

Earning miles when flying Delta or a partner airline
Using a Delta SkyMiles Credit Card
Earning miles through Delta’s more than 100 SkyMiles partners
Buying or transferring miles (Recipient only)
Redeeming miles for magazines, upgrades, Crown Room Club memberships, or Award Travel
All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Gator11
It looks like they are changing to a rolling 2 year expiration date if I read Delta's website correctly
This is correct. The OP was asking about MQMs, while you're talking about SkyMiles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.