FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   No More Ginger Ale/Tomato Juice (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/886877-no-more-ginger-ale-tomato-juice.html)

cs57 Nov 9, 2008 6:01 am

No More Ginger Ale/Tomato Juice

On DL from IAH/ATL/BOS in F on 11/7, and found out about the latest feature of in cabin service; no Ginger Ale/Tomato Juice effective 11/5! Were these two items not that popular, or did DL need more storage space for the higher priced 'signature cocktails"?

TTT Nov 9, 2008 7:43 am

There were quite a few other drinks that are no longer being offered.:(

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=882772

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883062

StayingHomeIsBetter Nov 9, 2008 9:18 am

Originally Posted by cs57 (Post 10693177)
On DL from IAH/ATL/BOS in F on 11/7, and found out about the latest feature of in cabin service; no Ginger Ale/Tomato Juice effective 11/5! Were these two items not that popular, or did DL need more storage space for the higher priced 'signature cocktails"?

Does anyone here actually drink those "signature cocktails"?

Tried a mojito once... tasted like they had used the whole mint plant... including the roots and the mud.

Davescj Nov 9, 2008 9:46 am

I tried the "dirty" martini once.......and once was enough....more than enough....(ick).

I had a mojito awhile back, it was actually pretty good. I kind of would like to try the Manhatten.

But, according to the FA who made both the mojito, and a different FA who made the martini, the "signature" cocktails are concentrate they cut with a mixer (usually water). This is why they can have such an unusual taste.

Why no tomato juice? Is the Bloody Mary just not popular any more?
Dave

avidflyer Nov 9, 2008 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Davescj (Post 10694198)
I tried the "dirty" martini once.......and once was enough....more than enough....(ick).

I had a mojito awhile back, it was actually pretty good. I kind of would like to try the Manhatten.

But, according to the FA who made both the mojito, and a different FA who made the martini, the "signature" cocktails are concentrate they cut with a mixer (usually water). This is why they can have such an unusual taste.

Dave

Outrageous. The Bloody Mary is a tradition with me. I hope they are just stocking Bloddy Mary mix and not eliminating the Bloody Mary altogether...that would really srew up my routine.

N808DE Nov 9, 2008 10:26 am

Dave

Bloody Mary's are made with Mr.&Mrs T's Bloody Mary mix...and not with tomato juice (thank God). The regular tomato juice was pretty nasty I thought.

El Boocho Nov 9, 2008 10:31 am

As a drinker of Ginger Ale this is :td: for me. I even tried to buy some airside last week. I couldn't find a store in TPA or ATL that carried it.

LK1 Nov 9, 2008 11:38 am

I read on another forum that sprite and a splash of coke created a substitute for ginger ale. Maybe the placebo effect with the ginger color, but whatever gets you through the night. Tried it with a shot of Woodford Reserve, seems to do the trick.

gj83 Nov 9, 2008 11:42 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 10693985)
Does anyone here actually drink those "signature cocktails"?

I get the Margarita all the time. I don't always feel in the mood for the beers they offer on board and I'm not a wine or straight up liquor drinker.

N965VJ Nov 9, 2008 11:49 am

<SNIP> But, according to the FA who made both the mojito, and a different FA who made the martini, the "signature" cocktails are concentrate they cut with a mixer (usually water).

That doesn’t sound very good...

BF263533 Nov 9, 2008 11:53 am

I was on a Nov. 4 flight and they did not have tomato juice. The remaining juices they serve have so much sugar. Considering the lack of food in first class, and tomato juice and peanuts were often the only nutritious items on the plane.

Have you seen the V-8 commercial where someone orders or is eating junk food, and the cashier or baby smacks the junk food junkie in the head? Well every time I see that commercial I will think of DL's management getting a smack on the forehead.

OHDL1 Nov 9, 2008 11:57 am

Tomato juice = Bloody Mary mix
Apple juice = Cranapple juice
Ginger Ale = Take your pick...Sprite/Fresca

RunawayNFly Nov 9, 2008 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by OHDL1 (Post 10695249)

I find the Bloody Mary Mix way too spicy for me! I will miss the tomato juice.:td:

jfulcher Nov 9, 2008 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by LK1 (Post 10695111)
I read on another forum that sprite and a splash of coke created a substitute for ginger ale. Maybe the placebo effect with the ginger color, but whatever gets you through the night. Tried it with a shot of Woodford Reserve, seems to do the trick.

We used to do this at a bar/restaurant I worked at in college. It works 9.5/10 times. Especially when mixing it with something. Ginger ale doesn't have real ginger any more anyway it's all artificial. Most people would not like the real stuff any more.

El Boocho Nov 9, 2008 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by OHDL1 (Post 10695249)

None of those are equal.