Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No More Ginger Ale/Tomato Juice

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2008, 9:36 am

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by motytrah
According to a conference call with the FAs they are reversing course with in 60 days.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...ence-call.html
Spectacular...long-term crisis averted!

Originally Posted by TL2000
I must say, I'm happy to hear that Ginger Ale is coming back. For those of you who are bourbon drinkers, there is nothing better than straight bourbon with a side of ginger ale.
Amen!
Old Dec 23, 2008, 7:21 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Delta Gold, Avis First, Hertz Gold Plus, Glee Club, Yearbook
I was wondering if I'd make it another flight without my favorite drink, Ginger Ale with tomato juice.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is ginger ale coming officially back? An FA told me that Coke Zero is no longer offered on DL flights, which I know is incorrect. I tried to ask politely again, but she was adamant. Is this new?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 3:17 pm

Know nothing about coke zero but a f/a friend of mine told me that the ginger ale, tomato juice and apple juice will be making a comeback domestically...
Old Jan 18, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
How about Crown Royal?

CC is just not an adequate substitute!
Old Jan 18, 2009, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by AtlJim
How about Crown Royal?

CC is just not an adequate substitute!
As of 1/15 still No Ginger Ale.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 7:33 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Coke Zero was definitely available on Thursday our of ORD and ATL. Think the FA might have had some misinformation.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 8:34 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Originally Posted by AtlJim
How about Crown Royal?
For real!....Crown and Coke just isn't the same with Jack....
Old Jan 29, 2009, 5:26 pm

April 1 (maybe

Per FA today Ginger Ale will be back April 1.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by zman
Per FA today Ginger Ale will be back April 1.
April Fools' Day? LOL
Old Jan 30, 2009, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is tomato juice also returning?
Old Jan 30, 2009, 9:29 am

Programs: Delta, SPG
FYI:

-Gingerale and AJ returning to mainline as loaded.
-Mojitos back as of yesterday with February Svc Guidelines

Also of note for several people - the contract with Coke requires two swaps per year (based on new product launches where applicable) so there will be a continuation of the Fresca here today, gone tomorrow, Coke-0 here today, gone tomorrow policy moving forward.

More service changes to the soft products to come in the near future, be on the look out.

Later,
DLGrkItalNY
Old Jan 30, 2009, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLGrkItalNY
FYI:

-Gingerale and AJ returning to mainline as loaded.
-Mojitos back as of yesterday with February Svc Guidelines

Also of note for several people - the contract with Coke requires two swaps per year (based on new product launches where applicable) so there will be a continuation of the Fresca here today, gone tomorrow, Coke-0 here today, gone tomorrow policy moving forward.

More service changes to the soft products to come in the near future, be on the look out.

Later,
DLGrkItalNY
Interesting, thanks for posting! So does this mean that when Coke has a new product it will be served on DL? Perhaps this explains why one FA told me two weeks ago that Coke Zero was discontinued on DL!

Any word on tomato juice?
Old Jan 30, 2009, 4:07 pm

really, you mix the two to make one drink? And it's good? My interest is piqued...

1 to 1 ratio?

Originally Posted by NewsBruin
I was wondering if I'd make it another flight without my favorite drink, Ginger Ale with tomato juice.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 5:18 pm

Maybe business would be better if DL tried to run an airline and treat the passengers as customers instead of worrying about being a shill for Coke offerings and making their customers guinea pigs. Crazy what some marketing people will come up with, even if they are getting $ for it.

If keeping Coke happy is the long term plan of the NEW DELTA maybe the next DL CEO should be from the drink, can/bottle or sugar/corn syrup industry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.