Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some potential new International routes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2008, 11:04 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by WBurcham
This is an interesting move.

DL is now operating (or has announced) the following routes ex-CDG:
ATL, CVG, SLC, RDU, PIT, PHL

AF offers:
ATL, IAH, DTW, EWR, SFO, WAS, SEA, LAX,
JFK- Now op'd only by AF
Also ORD
Old Nov 6, 2008, 11:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by asnovici
Also ORD
AF already flies PHL - CDG in an A330. Why would DL start this lane in a 757?
Old Nov 6, 2008, 11:44 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Premier Silver, HHonors Silver
DL(as NW) operates DTW-CDG

AF also operates MIA-CDG
Old Nov 7, 2008, 12:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Jumpgate
This is INCREDIBLY nit picky of me but I just couldn't resist.

You can do PIT-EWR-WAW right now on US and LOT. One stop. (My uncle flew this route relatively often).

(sorry)
But I think you would admit that this is not solely about PIT-CDG traffic and that the broader point remains. I am amused by the people that talk about this in pre-JV terms and wonder why it bypasses a "DL hub". Think about the TATL route structure of NW. This is pretty much the same thing - choose potentially high-value US gateways that can leverage the connecting possibilities offered by a European hub. I would not be surprised if we end up with significantly more US gateways as the JV gathers steam.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Has DL announced officially operating PHL-CDG?
Did DL get subsidies from RDU for this flight?
Will this hurt the current RDU-JFK operations leading to a slight reduction since people may rather do RDU-CDG-XXX than RDU-JFK-XXX?
Old Nov 8, 2008, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Has DL announced officially operating PHL-CDG?
Did DL get subsidies from RDU for this flight?
Will this hurt the current RDU-JFK operations leading to a slight reduction since people may rather do RDU-CDG-XXX than RDU-JFK-XXX?
AF is still taking A330 reservations for the Daily PHL-CDG-PHL (365/366) flights for all summer. There is no indication that DL is taking any reservatons for the route - other than the code share with AF. If anyone can refer to a written statement by AF or DL that DL will be replacing AF with a 757 on this route - please do. Personally, I would think a DL 757 competing with the existing US 333 would be a recipe for failure - especially with very little Sky Team feed.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 12:22 pm

any idea when these will be bookable? i've tried to do mock bookings and haven't been able to see these flights. also not showing up using the flight schedules tool.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by chessman
any idea when these will be bookable? i've tried to do mock bookings and haven't been able to see these flights. also not showing up using the flight schedules tool.
My guess would be tomorrow when DL has loaded the fares into their GDS...this is traditionally done on Tuesdays IIRC? Press release is dated 6 Nov so this would be the first Tuesday after that.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 8:00 am

Programs: nwa wp
NW-CDG

Just as a note the DTW-CDG route has gone seasional NW will operate march-Jan and the AF flight will pick up the slack on the off months. The MSP-CDG flight also is seasonal.

PIT is an interesting case study as recently as last spring NW was looking at running a 757 PIT-AMS. I'm not sure if the merger put a hold on the idea or if the economics didn't make sense. But they seemed to be on the brink of annoucing it.

Personally I'd rather connect in AMS than in CDG.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 8:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Some Swedish news sites report that DL will start JFK-GOT (B757) next summer.

Edit: Already covered in the "New international routes" thread...
Old Nov 12, 2008, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Vunder31
Some Swedish news sites report that DL will start JFK-GOT (B757) next summer.

Edit: Already covered in the "New international routes" thread...
It will be interesting to see if it happens and if it is seasonal only.

Dave
Old May 4, 2009, 2:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Post PIT service

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09123/967310-28.stm

Interesting article that includes information about the upcoming PIT-CDG.

Summary:

Pittsburgh, the airport authority, Allegheny County, and local businesses are intending on throwing everything they have into making sure this route works out.

Best of luck to them ^
Old May 4, 2009, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by woody125
I know the range of a 757 would be a major issue but I wonder if a BNA to CDG or LON route might work for DL. AA had one a long time back IIRC to LON from BNA. I never fly to CDG but I do find this new kind of expansion most interesting.
I could see a CDG or AMS route. I believe the LON route only lasted a year or so, as AA then pulled the plug on the hub.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.