Delta.com OLCI Problem

Old Oct 30, 08, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Delta.com OLCI Problem

I am a NW gold traveling on a DL ticket tomorrow. I was automatically upgraded on my first leg (thanks DL). But this morning when I tried to check in on line the system indicated I was "ineligible" and I could not proceed with the check in on line. I called DL and a dude from India said I had to check in at the airport.

Has anyone else had this experience and why would I be considered ineligible?
Old Oct 31, 08, 10:10 am

Programs: AC*E
I am having the exact same problem. NW GE flying on an upgraded DL flight.
Old Oct 31, 08, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.6MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, AS MVP Gold 75k, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
same problem here

I'm scheduled to fly SEA-SLC-PHX tomorrow morning and I'm a NW PE, I've been upgraded on both segments and I got the email from DL saying to check in online. But It said ineligible. Do you think its because they need to see my WP PE card? How annoying is this? At least I got upgraded on all four segments the moment I booked my ticket (all segs within the 5 day window).
Old Nov 17, 08, 11:18 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PE, HH Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold PC, Avis Preferred
Just happened to me as well. Tryed to check-in this morning for flight tomorrow but showed ineligible to check-in online. I am NW WP PE and was upgraded on my MSP to ATL leg but not on ATL to DCA. Any help would be apprecieated.
Old Nov 17, 08, 11:27 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
The last time it happened to me I was "randomly selected" for the "search" Not sure if that applies here? Sounds like a system glitch.
Old Nov 17, 08, 11:56 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
I have had the same problem for the last two weeks as well.

It all started when I started using NW Pltm rather than DL Gold.

I can check in on Thu OK But on the return I have the same problem. And often the itenary is for the outbound and not the return. I have reported this to DL and an agent in BOS sent an e-mail yeaterday for me.
Old Nov 17, 08, 5:00 pm

This can often be remedied by calling Delta and asking if there has been a schedule change and if so, to re-issue the ticket so you can OLCI. Even minor schedule changes of a few minutes can sometimes throw things out of whack.

I am also a NW Plat who got upgraded on a DL flight on Oct 29 and got the ineligible notice when I tried to OLCI; a quick call to DL who did the above fixed it immediately and I was able to OLCI after that.

It helps if you call the Delta Special Member Services phone number for elites because they know exactly what you are talking about, not always the case for the other calls that get outsourced.
Old Nov 18, 08, 8:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott, Hilton Diamond, National
Thumbs down

I am flying today on Delta on an award ticket issued by NW. (I am a Gold Medallion on Delta and Silver Elite on Northwest). I'm showing ineligible as well. Delta online chat representative told me that "my reservation was randomly selected for check-in at the airport." (I wonder how this will work; I'm a member of Clear, so does the SSSS thing still apply?)

I wonder if Delta OLCI is having problems with NW-issued tickets now.
Old Nov 25, 08, 8:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
I'm a NW Plat flying DL tomorrow on a revenue ticket purchased on Delta.com.... I was upgraded a few days ago and got the same "ineligible" message when trying to do OLCI. I called DL and they said my reservation was "randomly selected for check in only at the airport." I think that's another way of saying "We don't know how to fix it."
Old Dec 5, 08, 7:29 am

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, DL PM
Well the problem hasn't been fixed yet. I'm a NW PE and have been upgraded on both outbound and return and I can't check in. The ticket was purchased on travelocity originally but the delta service center had to re-issue it because of some other glitch.

Old Dec 5, 08, 7:50 am

me too, same problem, all delta though, perhaps because it's MR?
Old Dec 5, 08, 8:07 am

Partially solved my own issue, I believe it failed for me because it was checking me in for the return flight as well, though that is more than 24 hours away. I'll try again in a few hours.

Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er View Post
me too, same problem, all delta though, perhaps because it's MR?
Old Dec 5, 08, 8:13 am

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, DL PM
Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er View Post
Partially solved my own issue, I believe it failed for me because it was checking me in for the return flight as well, though that is more than 24 hours away. I'll try again in a few hours.
My flights are about 55 hours apart, so I couldn't imagine it would be trying to check me in for both.
Old Dec 5, 08, 10:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List & CP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
crosspost

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=894581

same issues!
Old Dec 7, 08, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond, MR-PlatPrem, US-Gold, SPG-Gold
Thumbs down Same problem still happening...

Here we are over a month past the original post... and not only did the same problem happen to me today, but none of the three Delta phone reps I was passed knew as much about the problem as this FlyerTalk thread.

NW Plat, purchased Delta ticket on Delta metal through Travelocity Business, upgraded, and ineligible for OLCI.

First phone rep told me that a Delta.com rep would take me through the process. The Delta.com rep told me the ticket needed to be "revalidated." The next rep told me that the system told her it didn't need to be revalidated and that it should work for OLCI. If it didn't then I have to check in at the airport.

The reps apparently haven't been given a data sheet or script regarding this systemic Delta failure.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: