Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye to Ginger Ale...among other drinks

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2008, 11:28 am

Programs: Mediocre AA Stew
So Delta saves on the weight of not carrying certains juices or sodas, but can still carry around the fixings for a bunch of froo-froo cocktails? What a mixed message... on one end you have all this high end food for sale and drinks for sale and then on the other you don't basic sodas and juices..... interesting.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by thesaints
How are they gonna fix my Woodford and ginger ale ???
Originally Posted by jfulcher
Try it with water next time.
Originally Posted by tarajim
Just switch to a bottle of Woodford and a straw. No need to mix it...
I agree with tarajim. Woodfood Reserve is way too good to mix with anything but an ice cube!

Originally Posted by ShopAround
First they replace SpriteZero with that disgusting Fresca.
Fresca is not bad, IMHO. They got me hooked on it when they offered the signature drink made with Fresca and mango infused Finlandia Vodka. They no longer have the mango Finlandia, but it's not bad with plain vodka either.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 3:31 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I was already disappointed to see that they don't serve Amarula anymore (my favourite, that DL introduced to me). And now Ginger ale and apple juice gone too... Bah.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL MM
I'm not sure how this translates into weight savings at all - they still need to carry the other drinks pax will drink instead. Maybe a savings by reducing sku's and complexity or the cost of these items is higher in comparison?
Old Oct 31, 2008, 5:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
my favorite drink like the amarula that disappeared was the Disaronno Amaretto which has been on Delta for at least a decade....it was used extensively in several of the Midnight Sky drinks like the "Summer Sizzle" made with Amaretto and stirrings apple mix.with a lime..a really great drink...I make it at my house and everybody really loves it...

Amaretto is a great holiday liquor...Delta please have some CLASS and bring it back...and quit messing around with the onboard beverages...concentrate your efforts right now on some fuel hedges for like the next 5 years...so that you want have to keep taking away from your customers the next time fuel goes up....
Old Nov 2, 2008, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Don't know if this is coincidence, but when shopping at my local grocery store this morning... NO MORE Schwepps or Canada Dry Ginger Ale!!

What's going on???
Old Nov 2, 2008, 10:41 am

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by GBadger
Don't know if this is coincidence, but when shopping at my local grocery store this morning... NO MORE Schwepps or Canada Dry Ginger Ale!!

What's going on???
No need when they sell Sprite and Coke
Old Nov 2, 2008, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by robnsfla
Amaretto is a great holiday liquor...Delta please have some CLASS and bring it back...and quit messing around with the onboard beverages...concentrate your efforts right now on some fuel hedges for like the next 5 years...so that you want have to keep taking away from your customers the next time fuel goes up....
I completely agree, Amaretto is a great drink. And as a liquor, I think it is perfect for a plane. Interestingly, NW still has it in WBC. Hopefully, this will be part of the "new" DL.

Then again, for a long time at least, DL had a choice of 2 desert wines (port and muscatel) on their flights. As much as I love BA service, your only choice was port, and only if you ask for it. DL, on the other hand, is happy to keep offering wine, port, and on and on.

Dave
Old Nov 2, 2008, 10:46 am

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by Davescj
I completely agree, Amaretto is a great drink. And as a liquor, I think it is perfect for a plane. Interestingly, NW still has it in WBC. Hopefully, this will be part of the "new" DL.

Dave
I was in a JFK CRC two weeks ago. I had PLENTY of Ameretto. Its back ^

I hope they bring it back onboard. I used to have the FA's mix the Ameretto w/ the Mojito mix. Great drink.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Denolloyd
I was in a JFK CRC two weeks ago. I had PLENTY of Ameretto. Its back ^

I hope they bring it back onboard. I used to have the FA's mix the Ameretto w/ the Mojito mix. Great drink.
That sounds so good I think I'll have to get it my next flight!

I am glad they brought Amaretto back. One other think I hope DL brings a la CO is campari (in the presidents clubs) and espresso/cafe in the air.

Is DL still offering Bailey's? I think I read that UA now offers a coffee liquor from Starbucks. Which makes some sense as they have a relationship of a caffinated nature.

Dave
Old Nov 2, 2008, 8:45 pm

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
Originally Posted by seminole_kev
From what I posted in the other topic on this:

I might be an odd duck as the two non-alcoholic drinks I'm most likely to order on a flight is Ginger Ale or Tomato Juice. Darn it.
98% of my alcoholic drinks contain ginger ale.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by runningshoes
I'm not sure how this translates into weight savings at all
Because apples weigh more than cranberries... duh.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by photojojo
Because apples weigh more than cranberries... duh.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yngdiego
I'm with you...Personally, I have ZERO comprehension of the density of either apples or cranberries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.