Wiki Posts
Search

Which lounge at AMS for transfer?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2008, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Which lounge at AMS for transfer?

I saw an earlier thread that mentioned people often miss the best DL lounge at AMS because they stop at the first one they see. But what is the case when you are using AMS as a transfer city?

I arrive flying DL BE but will be economy on KLM to my destination (HEL). Can I get in a DL or KLM lounge with my BE ticket, my CRC card, or my platinum AEX? If we arrive on time and the gates are in different terminals, I may just need to go to the gate because the scheduled layover in AMS is under 2 hours.

On the return I have over 2 hours in AMS and would not expect any problems since at least my DL BE ticket should get me into one of the lounges. Even though I was in AMS this past June, I simply don't remember how close the lounge is to DL's departure gate.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 9:36 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold
2 hours is plenty of time to transit in AMS. On the outbound, you'll have to head into the Schengen zone of the terminal (involves a passport and security check). In the schengen zone, there is a good KLM lounge (lounge 25), CRC membership should give you access ( http://www.klm.com/travel/kr_ko/imag...m115-16370.pdf )

On the way back, you will just go through passport control leaving the Schengen zone (security is at the gate). Delta usually leaves from the F/G/H side of the terminal. The KLM lounge by pier F (lounge 52) is newer and bigger than the KLM lounge by pier E (lounge 41). Definitely go to lounge 52-- it will be closer to your flight and it is the better lounge. I think you will also have access to the Menzies lounge, but I can't say how that lounge compares to the KLM lounges.

Last edited by deltaflyer256; Oct 16, 2008 at 9:48 am Reason: found KLM lounge policy
Old Oct 16, 2008, 10:08 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
I would second the suggestion from deltaflyer256 that you utilize the lounge at 52 on your return rather than the one at 41. The lounge at 41 can get very crowded at times and finding a seat can be a challenge. The lounge at 52 is twice as big.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.