Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

DL's biggest flyer from your home airport, is it you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2008, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum

I was thinking this morning as to whether DL keeps track of who is there biggest flyer at the airports they serve. There is one person at each airport in the country who flies more miles than anyone else on DL at that airport. The question, who is that person.

Given that so many DL FTers fly sooooo much, I started thinking, some of those biggest flyers at each airport might be here online.

Do you think that person is you???

Would love to hear some of your thoughts...
Old Sep 8, 2008, 7:22 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Being a GM in ATL, I'm guessing it's definitely not me...
Old Sep 8, 2008, 7:37 am

Programs: Skyteam
I was told by SMS that I was top 5 flyer in DTW back in 2006, with 128,000 MQM
Old Sep 8, 2008, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Paging ClipperDelta...

Old Sep 8, 2008, 7:55 am

Location: Location?? On a TRAVEL site??? Arent we all moving???
Programs: DM DL, Plt Marriott, Diamond HH, Chrmn Avis, Concierge Radisson
The urban legend at MCI was that the only reason we ever had a CRC was that a flyer from here had some 10M miles. He (whomever the mysterious 'he' was) allegedly retired about 3 or 4 years ago.

Our CRC, of course, was closed in the latest round of closures....
Old Sep 8, 2008, 8:21 am

Programs: DL GM
BDL: 36589

I'm sure I'm not in the top 10 from BDL, probably not even top 20. I'll probably be gold this year, maybe platinum, depending if some trips pan out.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 8:49 am

Amazingly, for a small outstation here out West, we have 7 EP's that fly out on a regular basis.

That's a lot of miles.

-b-
Old Sep 8, 2008, 9:11 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat, Hertz 5*Gold, MR Silver, Avis Preferred, AMEX Plat/SPG/DeltaPlat
I was told in Feb by SMS that I'm top 10 @ JFK! That's pretty cool!!!!!!!

I would imagine though that it was based on frequency and not mileage since I had ~140k MQM for 2007 travel season
Old Sep 8, 2008, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With that number you are not in the top ten out of JFK in either frequency or miles. They were trying to make you feel good (I am not even including myself, but I know people that fly DL in BE at least once every ten days to Europe for more than a decade, that ONLY fly to/fr JFK).

I would also think that the few people that are number one out of their station would NOT want to publsh it here as it would compromise their anonymity, maing themselves easily identifiable to Delta.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 9:32 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
If they'd start service to AHN from ATL or CVG, I'd be #1 I am sure. Out of ATL though just another lowly Plat.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 10:19 am

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
I've been told both at MOB and PNS that I'm one of the regulars.... Both TA and GA's know me by face, but always remember the name AFTER looking at the manifest.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 12:29 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by skchin
I was told by SMS that I was top 5 flyer in DTW back in 2006, with 128,000 MQM
I would be really shocked if top 5 at DTW was only 128k MQM.

Similarly, 140k at JFK can't be coming close to noteworthy on any dimension. Even daily roundtrips to a <500 miles destination on 1x MQM fares wouldn't be that interesting.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Im good friends with the folks at my station and know most of them by name and vice versa. While I dont think Im the top flyer, Im sure Im more of a regular than others since Ive never seen them recognize anyone else at least while Im there. How does SMS know though who is the top flyer at each station? I wonder if I could ask and find out my "ranking"!
Old Sep 8, 2008, 1:28 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by andymo99
I would be really shocked if top 5 at DTW was only 128k MQM.

Similarly, 140k at JFK can't be coming close to noteworthy on any dimension. Even daily roundtrips to a <500 miles destination on 1x MQM fares wouldn't be that interesting.

128K was DL flights only. I'm sure there are DL flies DL/NW combo that accumulates more skymiles MQM.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
I know a female that has 2MM out of IAD. That is BIS miles. I doubt that she is the biggest flyer out of IAD.

Several years ago in SAV, the back room of the delta office they had a picture of a male with his name, and instructions to be nice to him as he was a top flyer for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.