Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Please Help - Received a "DELTA 50" GOLD colored AMEX Card "Delta Reward Prepaid"???

Please Help - Received a "DELTA 50" GOLD colored AMEX Card "Delta Reward Prepaid"???

Old Sep 7, 2008, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat, Hertz 5*Gold, MR Silver, Avis Preferred, AMEX Plat/SPG/DeltaPlat

hey guys

so I'm seeking help here...a few days ago, I received a GOLD colored DELTA AMEX branded card that has a huge "50" on the top right and my name, an amex # and it says "DELTA REWARD" on it.

What is this for? I'm not sure why I got this? (I shouldn't be complaining because I"m sure it's usable for something?)

How/Where can I use this?!?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Old Sep 7, 2008, 5:24 pm

Google!!!!!!

I found this.........

Delta Offers Customers American Express-branded Prepaid Cards Valued At $50 for Cross-Country Flights
Monday May 5, 3:45 pm ET
Customers can purchase tickets at delta.com and receive a prepaid card valued at $50 for flying between New York-JFK and select West Coast cities

ATLANTA, May 5, 2008 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- Delta Air Lines (NYSEAL - News) is offering passengers an American Express(r) -branded prepaid card valued at $50* for select round-trip, flights between New York City and the West Coast purchased at delta.com with any American Express Card.
``This promotion is yet another example of how Delta and American Express have teamed up to offer our East and West Coast flyers the opportunity to experience our products,'' said Jeff Robertson, managing director of Delta's SkyMiles program. ``Delta continues to expand our offerings in coast-to-coast flying, and this provides yet another incentive to choose Delta.''

Customers can take advantage of this deal by:

* Registering for this offer or enrolling in the SkyMiles(r)
program at delta.com/fifty;
* Booking and purchasing a round-trip, nonstop flight between New
York-JFK and Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Portland, Ore.
or Seattle at delta.com with any American Express Card; and
* Completing travel between May 1 and June 30, 2008

Each additional round-trip flight purchased at delta.com within the qualification period will raise the American Express-branded prepaid card value by $50. So if a member purchases and flies three round-trip flights, he or she will receive an American Express(r)-branded prepaid card valued at $150.

Customers may visit americanexpress.com/50delta to apply for a Delta SkyMiles credit card from American Express. Customers can apply today for an instant account with no annual fee for the first year and $50 back on the first Delta purchase.

Sound familiar????
Old Sep 7, 2008, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat, Hertz 5*Gold, MR Silver, Avis Preferred, AMEX Plat/SPG/DeltaPlat
Originally Posted by reddawngrl
I found this.........

Delta Offers Customers American Express-branded Prepaid Cards Valued At $50 for Cross-Country Flights
Monday May 5, 3:45 pm ET
Customers can purchase tickets at delta.com and receive a prepaid card valued at $50 for flying between New York-JFK and select West Coast cities

ATLANTA, May 5, 2008 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- Delta Air Lines (NYSEAL - News) is offering passengers an American Express(r) -branded prepaid card valued at $50* for select round-trip, flights between New York City and the West Coast purchased at delta.com with any American Express Card.
``This promotion is yet another example of how Delta and American Express have teamed up to offer our East and West Coast flyers the opportunity to experience our products,'' said Jeff Robertson, managing director of Delta's SkyMiles program. ``Delta continues to expand our offerings in coast-to-coast flying, and this provides yet another incentive to choose Delta.''

Customers can take advantage of this deal by:

* Registering for this offer or enrolling in the SkyMiles(r)
program at delta.com/fifty;
* Booking and purchasing a round-trip, nonstop flight between New
York-JFK and Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Portland, Ore.
or Seattle at delta.com with any American Express Card; and
* Completing travel between May 1 and June 30, 2008

Each additional round-trip flight purchased at delta.com within the qualification period will raise the American Express-branded prepaid card value by $50. So if a member purchases and flies three round-trip flights, he or she will receive an American Express(r)-branded prepaid card valued at $150.

Customers may visit americanexpress.com/50delta to apply for a Delta SkyMiles credit card from American Express. Customers can apply today for an instant account with no annual fee for the first year and $50 back on the first Delta purchase.

Sound familiar????

OMG wow, you freakin' rock...YES IT DOES!!!!!!! I flew JFK-SFO (which I've done about 2309842340.4 times in 2008 & 2007)...that was what it was for!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 7, 2008, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

btw I did search on Google and didn't find anything

I guess I didn't use the right search terms
Old Sep 7, 2008, 5:30 pm

Not a problem....I'd be glad to take one of those $50 gift cards off your hands since you'll be getting more of them for flying 2309842340.4 freakin times. haha!

Last edited by reddawngrl; Sep 7, 2008 at 5:33 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 7, 2008, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by reddawngrl
Not a problem....I'd be glad to take one of those $50 gift cards off your hands since you'll be getting more of them for flying 2309842340.4 freakin times. haha!
hahah you are #1 on my list once donation time comes
Old Sep 7, 2008, 7:27 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
So, ticket prices continue to increase but they give away $50 gift cards.... sheesh

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.