Community
Wiki Posts
Search

atl-dkr-jnb in business; what kind of seat?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2008, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Guess it depends on what you've become accustomed to!
Old Aug 26, 2008, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by Robert Leach
I think that's a bit harsh. It's not a bed, that's for sure, but it rises above the level of "lousy" IMO.

My goodness, it is a better seat than most seats in International F were 15 years ago.
I agree. The seats are more than adequate. Granted, an 18hr flight this day and age should have lie flats available, the seats are far from lousy. I have never had an issue sleeping in them.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
If the only alternative is SAA, I would take DL anyday. I flew from ATL to CPT on SAA a few years ago in C. The service was bad, the FA's disappeared for hours without even doing a periodic walkthrough for beverages, the seats were more like domestic F seats, and the food was downright horrible.

I loved South Africa, but their airline leaves alot to be desired. I would rather connect through Europe on LH or BA than ever fly SAA again.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, and major hotels
I flew both DL and SAA to JNB. I preferred the service and the seats on SA. The seats on SA were lie flat (totally, not at an angle), the wine selection was better, the flight attendants were ever present, kept refilling wine and water glass. The duvet was nicer quality than the DL one. Breakfast was also better. When I got to JNB I was sooo relaxed and ready for a vacation.

However, the DL flight was also good, even for the long duration. Your standard Business Elite, better than UA.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 9:36 pm

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American Gold AAdvantage
I have flown in the DL BE seat and the SA business class seat on several occassions between the U.S and South Africa. The SAA lie-flat business class seat is much more comfortable in a 2X2X2 configuration on the A340-600. The DL flight attendants provided good service, but the overall experience on SAA was much better with service, food, wine, IFE selection and seat comfort with large pillow and thick duvet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.