Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Membership Rewards 20% Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2008, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Talking Membership Rewards 20% Bonus

I found this great 20% bonus for Membership Rewards transfers on skymiles website. http://www.delta.com/skymiles/ways_t...rds2/index.jsp

Enjoy!
Old Aug 21, 2008, 9:09 am
Original Poster

MR 20% Transfer Bonus

I found this great 20% Membership Rewards transfer bonus.

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/ways_t...rds2/index.jsp

Enjoy!
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
I registered and transferred miles from my American Express. It has been about 7 weeks since the end of the promotion (Aug 31st). I have not seen the bonus post to my skymiles account.

Has anyone as yet received theirs?
Old Oct 16, 2008, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBrit
I registered and transferred miles from my American Express. It has been about 7 weeks since the end of the promotion (Aug 31st). I have not seen the bonus post to my skymiles account.

Has anyone as yet received theirs?
Me neither. I transferred on Aug 27, still waiting for the bonus.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 8:53 pm

Programs: D E L T A Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Yet to receive the bonus miles here either.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 7:39 am

OK - So yesterday I decided to "bite the bullet" and call SMS to ask them.

They had the hardest time just trying to find the promotion, and I was put through to 4 separate departments during this. The 1st phone call ended (after 42 minutes) with the agent telling me that it was American Express who post the bonus miles.

I was put through to the Membership Rewards desk at American Express and of course was told that it was Delta who post the bonus miles (this took 10 minutes).

I called back SMS and again the agent had the hardest time trying to find the promotion. Eventually he did find it but he said that I was not registered for it (sighhhh - I know that I did register - but whatever...).

He said he was sending a note to the supervisor requesting to see if anything can be done to get the credit for the bonus miles (this call was 38 minutes).

During the course of the last call to SMS the agent was able to list out promotions that I had registered for - Think this would be a useful addition to the delta.com website - to be able to see what promotions I am signed up for - or maybe I am hoping for to much here.

I guess that is another hour and a half I will not get back.

I was told that I should hear something back within a week.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Do you really want to transfer AMEX MR to Delta Skymiles?

I would not recommend making any transfers into DL SM because:

1. New Three Tiered Award structure is requiring more miles per trip

2. Delta SM fees have increased to probably the highest of any American carrier (my recent Economy seat cost to Southeast Asia on partner NW cost me $153.

My suggestion, transfer to another partner even without the 20% bonus.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 5:30 pm

What miles you never registered

Same story as above. Lengthy calls, e-mails back and forth - same Delta mantra: You did not register. But I have two printouts confirming I did. Oh you do, well why don't you fax that in and we'll see what we can do.

Over the past two months there has been at least 3 - 20% offers (one was targeted via snail mail) others readilly available on Delta.com. You'd think they would know what's up.

I suspect a computer glitch on their end, maybe? Or is there more to it?
Old Oct 17, 2008, 6:07 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by whynotgo
I would not recommend making any transfers into DL SM because:

1. New Three Tiered Award structure is requiring more miles per trip

2. Delta SM fees have increased to probably the highest of any American carrier (my recent Economy seat cost to Southeast Asia on partner NW cost me $153.

My suggestion, transfer to another partner even without the 20% bonus.
My thought exactly, though I have a ton of Slymiles now which I hopefully will get rid of early next year on two biz tickets to Europe.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 6:08 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
OK - So yesterday I decided to "bite the bullet" and call SMS to ask them.

They had the hardest time just trying to find the promotion, and I was put through to 4 separate departments during this. The 1st phone call ended (after 42 minutes) with the agent telling me that it was American Express who post the bonus miles.

I was put through to the Membership Rewards desk at American Express and of course was told that it was Delta who post the bonus miles (this took 10 minutes).

I called back SMS and again the agent had the hardest time trying to find the promotion. Eventually he did find it but he said that I was not registered for it (sighhhh - I know that I did register - but whatever...).

He said he was sending a note to the supervisor requesting to see if anything can be done to get the credit for the bonus miles (this call was 38 minutes).

During the course of the last call to SMS the agent was able to list out promotions that I had registered for - Think this would be a useful addition to the delta.com website - to be able to see what promotions I am signed up for - or maybe I am hoping for to much here.

I guess that is another hour and a half I will not get back.

It is a shame that they put you/us through things like this, but I have learned from past experience to take screen shots and keep all documentation for such offers. For example, I am waiting for my free GPS from Discover and saved all the promo info about that (it has already been shipped, so I am fortunate in that regard for this offer).
Old Oct 28, 2008, 9:11 am

Sorry for bringing on the table again. Did you guys got it? Why it takes this long.. Not sure it is time for me to call them.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 10:51 am

I got the 20% mileage bonus for tranferred AMEX rewards points. Came last week after about a two week wait. Was much quicker than advertised or expected. I didn't have to call them up or anything.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 11:06 am

Programs: SQ - Gold; HHonors - Silver
It looks like I'm having the same problem as everyone else. Registered online back in August and transferred at the end of August. No bonus miles.

After a couple of back and forth e-mails (they say I wasn't registered), they asked that I call in. Will have to do so tonight, so I guess we'll see. Unfortunately, I couldn't / didn't print the confirmation. Kicking myself for that now.

B
Old Oct 28, 2008, 2:15 pm

I still have heard nothing back from SMS with regard to the bonus miles. It’s been about 2 weeks since I contacted them and they did say they would respond in about a week.

I guess I should give them a call - but with the past experience of being on the phone for long periods and not making progress, it makes it a daunting task.

This is the promotion that ran from 1st thru 31st August. There have been several other very similar promotions which the SMS agents seem to get confused with.

global_b - let me know how you got on (especially if any success) and I will also try again tomorrow (Wednesday - Should be able to earmark another 1.5 hours of wasted time for it).
Old Oct 30, 2008, 2:44 pm

So glad I read this first. As soon as I saw there was no confirmation after registering for this promotion, I knew it would be trouble. You could have every screenshot of the process, but since nothing reflects the bonus as you go through the steps, there is nothing to prove which offer it is.

I've been down that road already with a United 21K promotion that they only gave me 15K for. Faxed the entire promotion multiple times, and they just pass the buck and no one ever fixes it.

Thanks everyone for posting their problems, obviously it is competely random who will get the bonus and if you don't you're SOL.

I'll save my AMEX points for another day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.