Wiki Posts
Search

F Saver Award with NW ... 47,500 miles?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2008, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM/MM
F Saver Award with NW ... 47,500 miles?

I'm working on a fairly easy first class award for next summer. And although there are plenty of seats, that's not what this is about. For some target days I get a very nice Delta itinerary for the expected 45,000 miles. But for others I see a NW flight or two in the itinerary and the mileage goes up to 47,500. In both cases, the taxes/fees are $10.

Are they now converting the $25 "partner award" fee to miles and letting it be paid that way?
Old Aug 9, 2008, 7:25 pm

No, it's not for the $25 Partner fee. That will be additional. On some partners such as NW, and Alaska, more miles are required for some reason. Notice on the award chart, it just says starting from 45,000 miles.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 8:51 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
Pretty simple. NW charges 50k miles for an F ticket, Delta is 45k. If you're ticketed on one airline each way, they split the difference - 47.5k!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.