Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20k miles for free with Bosley

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2008, 9:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
I just had my consultation. Interesting marketing pitch -- it was slick, but my probing questions about whether they had any recommendations for any peer-reviewed scientific articles about the procedure and any pitfalls met with surprise. The guy "had never been asked that question before" and didn't seem to know how to answer except for questions his script had taught him.

I'd caution anyone considering this to look first at this:
http://www.bosleymedicalviolations.com/

They are first and foremost a business...

But now we wait for the miles to post. Here's hoping!

Last edited by salut0; Aug 5, 2008 at 9:41 am
Old Aug 5, 2008, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by MRKEY
Plus they give you free comb!
I didn't get one.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by salut0
I didn't get one.
You should e-mail Delta and request miles as compensation
Old Aug 5, 2008, 10:22 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I didn't get one.
I think they will provide you one in the amenity kit on your openskies trip you won
Old Aug 5, 2008, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop
I think they will provide you one in the amenity kit on your openskies trip you won
Thanks for making me smile! I hope you win a trip too. Best of luck...
Old Aug 5, 2008, 11:15 am

I just had my consultation. Interesting marketing pitch -- it was slick, but my probing questions about whether they had any recommendations for any peer-reviewed scientific articles about the procedure and any pitfalls met with surprise. The guy "had never been asked that question before" and didn't seem to know how to answer except for questions his script had taught him.

I'd caution anyone considering this to look first at this:
http://www.bosleymedicalviolations.com/

They are first and foremost a business...

But now we wait for the miles to post. Here's hoping!
Well this maybe another case where we have to fight for the miles.Some Commentary,One would think Delta would not want an association with some outfit like this.But it is after all a Skymiles enhancement.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 7:12 am

Hi, I also want to bring my wife with me,I just wonder what we should say to the consulant,I can say my family has a bold history, but if my wife says the same thing, it's hard for them to believe both of us have the same problem. What's a good reason to explain this?any ideas?Thanks
Old Aug 6, 2008, 8:57 am

Doesn't matter. I went with a full head of hair and just said I might be interested in doing something in future.

The most important thing, though, for anyone considering this for the miles, is NOT to sign up for any hair-restoration procedure, whether or not you do actually go for an initial consultation. This is not an entirely reputable company, to put it mildly (see the link I posted above).

Originally Posted by lrpwd
Hi, I also want to bring my wife with me,I just wonder what we should say to the consulant,I can say my family has a bold history, but if my wife says the same thing, it's hard for them to believe both of us have the same problem. What's a good reason to explain this?any ideas?Thanks
Old Aug 6, 2008, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by thebigfish
I could use the procedure...but before you do it, you might want to do a little bit of research on Bosley...

TBF
Exactly right. Make sure you read the information about Bosley available online (the head of the company has been disciplined multiple times and lost his medical license in *many* states).
Old Aug 6, 2008, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by stevenryals
I was going to tell them i wanted to have chest hair like Austin Powers

lol
I can't stop laughing! My coworkers must think I'm nuts.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 11:55 am

I just find Limit one initial consultation award per household, which means I and my wife can only get one bonus miles.what's a bad news!
Old Aug 6, 2008, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by PointsGalore
I just called and made an appointment for August 8 for both myself and my husband. I asked if we could do it together. I was told I could sit in on his appointment and he could sit in on mine. I have a feeling that when we get there they will do both appointments together. The appointment is at their Boca Raton office which is a surgical center. I was told that the consultation can be at a surgical center. It doesn't matter. Very low keyed person on the phone. She knew about the promotion. If we really get the miles, and I don't see why not, this is certainly a very easy 20,000 for each of us.
http://www.bosley.com/delta/

Limit one initial consultation award per household,looks like you only can get one 20K bonus miles
Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:52 pm

I dunno...

I've just called Bosley to schedule a consultation for 8/13. When I mentioned the Skymiles promotion, the representative asked if there was a promotion number on the Bosley web page. When I asked if she needed my SkyMiles number, she said that I should provide it at the consultation. Did anyone else have a similar experience?
Old Aug 6, 2008, 2:04 pm

Do you think they will really limit it to one per household? The fidelity promotions say that it is limited also, but I don't know how they work!
Old Aug 6, 2008, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
I received a large packet of documents (to be recycled) in advance of next week's consultation in the mail yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.