Wiki Posts
Search

Question on MQMs and GM Bonus Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2008, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Gold, HHonors - Gold
Question on MQMs and GM Bonus Miles

I am looking at flying from BDL to SAN. DL price is $470 RT, but CO is $260 RT. These are on DL planes. From the MQM tables on the DL web site, it shows what I would get for MQMs if I bought from DL and flew DL. It shows what I would get for MQMs if I booked CO and flew CO, but I can't seem to figure out what I would get if I booked with CO and flew on DL ? This is a T fare from CO. Would the calculation be the same as if I booked on CO and flew CO. I was also wondering what, if anything, would I get for my bonus GM miles. Since my wife and I are flying, I'm debating buying her ticket on CO and mine on DL, depending on how the calcs work out... I can use all the MQMs I can get since I usually just make GM each year. Thanks.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 1:03 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HH, CRC
i think you'll get 50% mqm on CO on that low of a fare..
Old Jul 21, 2008, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
For such a long flight, the 100% miles on DL will make a difference. Is it worth $210? That is up to you to answer.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 1:24 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
For such a long flight, the 100% miles on DL will make a difference. Is it worth $210? That is up to you to answer.
The question is, will you later have a post that says "Help....I am X miles from being platinum, what should I do..."
Old Jul 21, 2008, 1:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM & CRC, Continental PM
If you book with CO, you get whatever the fare class says you get with CO.

What's worse, even if it's a Delta plane and you're a Delta PM, you won't be upgraded...since you bought a CO flight (code shared). As a GM, you might have a shot at an upgrade on that route, and on such a long flight, it might be well worth the extra cash for the upgrade and extra MQM.

It's a value call, though. One that only you can make.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by BigBen1861
What's worse, even if it's a Delta plane and you're a Delta PM, you won't be upgraded...since you bought a CO flight (code shared). As a GM, you might have a shot at an upgrade on that route, and on such a long flight, it might be well worth the extra cash for the upgrade and extra MQM.
I've been upgraded several times when I was on a NW-ticketed, NW-coded, DL-operated flight; I had to be added to the standby list at the gate itself, but I've done it at least three times.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 5:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM & CRC, Continental PM
Thanks, mersk862!!! I've got a CO-coded flight next week and will give that a shot! We lowly Silver's don't see upgrades on Atlanta routs often, but I'll try.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Gold, HHonors - Gold
Since I was confused on the mileage question I did something novel and picked up the phone and called SMS. Based on what I was told, by the rep pulling up the flights, was that I would get all my MQMs and GM Bonus miles, but I would not get the upgrade. I could live with that, since I know I wouldn't get a companion upgrade anyway and even if I got the upgrade and gave it to my wife for some brownie points, she would rather sit near me, go figure !

So after all of that, I went looking for 5 tickets instead of 2, since my wife's brother and sisters have now decided to go as well (family wedding). So I go onto CO's website, bring up 5 seats for the $260 per, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't purchase the seats. After calls to CO web support and their res line, I think we finally figured out why I couldn't get the seats. It seems DL changed the flight time of the first leg, and the CO web site still had not been updated. So after all of this, it's a moot point, since I can't get CO, either on phone or web, to be able to book those flights. So I guess I need to wait until CO is updated to see what the new price will be. My other option to keep life somewhat simpler is to book the nonstop JFK-SAN and be done with it. Thanks for the replies.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by geo22
Since I was confused on the mileage question I did something novel and picked up the phone and called SMS
SMS was correct to a point.

MQMs will be dependent on your fare class. You'll still get them, but it may only be HALF on CO.

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...sp#continental

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.