Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Bonus miles effective date for Silver to Gold Medallion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2008, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Gold, DL FO, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold

Was sitting at 49K MQM prior to a recent PDX-ATL-CMH (Tues travel) trip which put me into Gold Medallion.

Miles and MQM's posted the following Wed and as expected, status rolled over to Gold Medallion the following Friday

Should I received the 100% bonus miles for the 2 legs above that put me into Gold? I only received the Silver 25% bonus on these flights?
Old Jul 18, 2008, 6:11 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PL 2MM, UA 1P, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by RPRocket
Was sitting at 49K MQM prior to a recent PDX-ATL-CMH (Tues travel) trip which put me into Gold Medallion.

Miles and MQM's posted the following Wed and as expected, status rolled over to Gold Medallion the following Friday

Should I received the 100% bonus miles for the 2 legs above that put me into Gold? I only received the Silver 25% bonus on these flights?
You will receive the 100% bonus for every mile over the 50k mile mark even if that occurs during the flight that granted you the next level of status.

Note the original posting will give you the FO bonus and rest of the bonus will post once your status updates from FO to GM.

In terms of upgrades, even after going over 50k MQM on Monday you will not be a GM on the upgrade list until after the system update Friday night.

Last edited by chaz.brownfield; Jul 18, 2008 at 7:59 am Reason: Misleading Info ...
Old Jul 18, 2008, 6:52 am

Programs: DL PM .313 MM & CRC, AA .453 MM, HH Silver, Priority Club, Fairmont President's Club
Originally Posted by chaz.brownfield
You will only receive the bonus miles after the status has been updated in your account.

So if a given flight bumps your status from silver to gold, your status will update on the following Friday night. Then on next flight you will receive the 100% bonus.
I beg to differ, speaking from recent personal experience.

I went over 50K MQMs on June 16, after the first Double MQMs posted. I flew JAN-ATL-RIC on June 18. I called SMS to see if I could be considered GM for upgrade purposes on the June 18 flight. They said I would remain FO until the following weekend when the status would change. Immediately after the flight on June 18, I logged in, saw my miles had posted, along with the 25% FO bonus. However, after the weekend, and after my status reflected GM, I received additional bonus miles for my June 18 flight.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 7:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Originally Posted by chaz.brownfield
You will only receive the bonus miles after the status has been updated in your account.

So if a given flight bumps your status from silver to gold, your status will update on the following Friday night. Then on next flight you will receive the 100% bonus.
Not true - your status updates on Friday night and then your 100% bonus will update from the point you made gold on the qualifying flight. So if you were on a 2k flight and you made gold status at the 998 mile mark you will get the gold 100% bonus for the remaining 1002 miles.

If you didn't get the 100% bonus call SMS and have them fix it for you.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 7:40 am

Programs: Delta-Platinum; Marriott-Platinum; PC - Gold
[QUOTE=DMIrishFlyer;10054301]Not true - your status updates on Friday night and then your 100% bonus will update from the point you made gold on the qualifying flight. QUOTE]

this was how it happened for me, although it was done automatically.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 7:51 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
deleted.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 10:30 am

CONGRATULATIONS on making GOLD!

Now, sit back and ENJOY!!

Stop worrying about the small stuff, miles.

They're not worth as much as you think!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.