Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Now that Seattle CR is closed - can't use Alaska Air Board Room

Old Jul 15, 08, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/SkyClub

I was flying a Delta aircraft out of Sea-Tac yesterday and since I knew the Delta CR had recently closed there I went into the Alaska Air Board Room with my family. My wife and I are CR members thru delta. They let us is no prob and the place was relatively empty. After about 30 minutes, the desk lady came up to me where I was sitting and said that in reality we were not allowed in the room since we were flying Delta equipment and not Alsaka equip. Apparently she had asked around to her coworkers about their policy.

I thought as a CR member, you are allowed in most partner (including Board Room) lounges. At Sea-Tac, should I have just gone to the Continental or NW lounge instead? Delta CRs allow entry EVEN if you are flying on Southwest or AirTran that day as long as you are a member.

Bottom line is that the lady was VERY nice and said we could stay but not to do it next time. I really appreciated that. That's the way to treat a customer!!! Cudos to her and her staff.
Old Jul 15, 08, 9:41 am

Programs: AA EP
She is correct. CRC membership allows you access to DL, NW, & CO lounges no matter what airline you are flying.

HOWEVER, to enter an Alaska lounge you have to be flying on an Alaska or Horizon (their express/regional/commuter airline) operated flight. The flight itself can be a code share. So if you are flying through SEA on a DL ticket but one of the segments in/out of SEA is operated by Alaska or Horizon, then your CRC membership gets you in.

Otherwise you are not suppose to be able to enter.

But I agree with you, the desk lady/lounge dragon, handled the situation very well.
Old Jul 15, 08, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Porter2112 View Post
At Sea-Tac, should I have just gone to the Continental or NW lounge instead? Delta CRs allow entry EVEN if you are flying on Southwest or AirTran that day as long as you are a member.
Full reciprocity is only provided by NW and CO. You should have tried their lounges.
Old Jul 15, 08, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by AndyTLe View Post
Full reciprocity is only provided by NW and CO. You should have tried their lounges.
But that CO lounge is SO small.
Old Jul 15, 08, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL FO 1.4MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
True, but it is nice and the staff is wonderful. The NW lounge is pretty decent, but the furniture was a bit shopworn on my last visit....

David
Old Jul 15, 08, 3:20 pm

Programs: DM/2MM
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
It is, but I was impressed by the staff. I was there in early July. My wife was asking me how we would find out where we were on the upgrade list (did kiosk check-in, and counter lines were long), and I said that the staff at the club didn't have access to DL's systems. The woman behind the desk overheard us, and called the DL gate to get the information. Subsequently, she kept us personally apprised of a delay. Couldn't have been nicer. Shame that we'll be losing in when CO goes to *Alliance.

And now that the CO PC is open in Las Vegas, need to take advantage of that before we lose access to that too.

Search this Thread