Wiki Posts
Search

Skysaver on International

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2008, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
The OP really should try this and report back.

It's also possible that DL is playing cruel games with married segment availability, where xxx-ATL-yyy is available for redemption but ATL-yyy is not.
I did try the DL only option -- shows no flights available. Only flights available are on partner airlines with connections -- even though there are non-stops on DL.

I did try originating from a different city like you've got above. xxx-ATL-yyy. This only produced Sky Choice options.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Look on the bright side. Until we could see partner SkySaver availability, it looked like there were nothing but SkyGouger seats available. Given the option of partner flights with connections at SkySaver rates or DL direct flights at SkyGouger rates, which would you prefer?

BTW, I've booked SS seats on DL metal for an overseas family vacation for the last 3 years. My strategy is two-fold. 1. The date is critical, the destination is secondary. 2. Look for announcements of new DL routes and book as soon as seats show.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SandraLee
I did try the DL only option -- shows no flights available. Only flights available are on partner airlines with connections -- even though there are non-stops on DL.

I did try originating from a different city like you've got above. xxx-ATL-yyy. This only produced Sky Choice options.
Thanks for the reply. My brother is in Atlanta and has given me a lot of help burning down a SkyMiles balace, so I understand the convenience sought behind sticking with non-stop DL-operated flights. But I have to agree: a connection on a partner airline is better than no award at SkySaver levels on Delta.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:08 pm

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
I scored a busniess/first on ewr to cdg to bom (Via AF) for 120K miles on skysaver over Christmas , actually Dec 10 to Dec 27th.. good enuff .

When coach was 10k less.. not going to get greedy for 10 k
Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:29 pm

Programs: DM/3MM

It's also possible that DL is playing cruel games with married segment availability, where xxx-ATL-yyy is available for redemption but ATL-yyy is not.
I had the reverse problem yesterday. Was trying to redeem SS NYC-ATL-SJO, and nothing desireable was available (would have needed to be out of the office an extra day). Instead, I selected the NYC-ATL/ATL-SJO flights separately, and then they were available as SS.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1P

That's what I get for GIG.

EWR-GIG is not available but I can get ATL-EWR-GIG.
Also, DL won't give me IAH-GIG but it will give me PHL-IAH-GIG.

DJB
Old Jul 14, 2008, 1:57 pm

EWR to gig and IAH to gig is not DL metal but CO metal. Makes you wonder what will happen when CO says goodbye.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Plat, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by jackinkc
EWR to gig and IAH to gig is not DL metal but CO metal. Makes you wonder what will happen when CO says goodbye.
I hear ya...managed to snag BOS/CUN in F for late November, the only Saver itins were on CO. For DL metal only, nothing but Gouger in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.