Lounge access at NRT

Old Mar 8, 03, 6:57 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

No NRT Lounge Access J in Y out on connecting flights

Just as a warning, another new piece of knowledge for me, I thought I would pass it on.

I arrived in NRT yesterday 8 Mar actually one hour early on DL 55 on a J class (Biz Delete). I was connecting to an ANA flight on Y class. 6 hour layover and no lounge access. Had I known, I could have used the Diners Club Lounge before security.

This is a $4200.00 ticket and no access.

Be prepared if you find yourself in this situation.
Old Mar 8, 03, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Platinum Premier, HHonors Gold
Sorry to hear that, but it's not surprising. DL doesn't have "arrivals" lounges in NRT. They share the JAL business class lounge for departures.

As far as the Diners Club Lounge, you didn't miss much. It's a very small, uncomfortably furnished, windowless cubicle. No food, just coffee and soft drinks. I guess your best bet would have been to wonder around the shops and stuff for a bit.

I just thought of something though that might help if you're SkyTeam Elite Plus - There IS an Air France lounge past security. I believe there may also be a KE lounge. Of course, I have no idea which terminals all of these are in.

[This message has been edited by jimrpa (edited 03-08-2003).]
Old Mar 8, 03, 7:19 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
It doesn't help you now, but a 6 hour layover at NRT can be very pleasant. The trick is to leave the airport and go into Narita City. You can do this by subway train or by bus (takes 15 minutes). Narita City is a nice japanese country town with a famous temple. There is also a public bath by the train station. Lots of interesting shops (my last stop there resulted in buying some very neat Japanese tools from a hardware store). Going into Tokyo itself is not recommended (about 2 hours travel each way, so 4 hours of your layover is gone).
Old Nov 7, 06, 6:51 am

Programs: DL/PM, *Wood Platinum
Elite+ lounge access at NRT?

search function isn't working for me (sorry!)
I'm flying into NRT on DL (in Y ) and continuing on to BKK with ANA. As a PM, is there anyplace I can get lounge access? Thanks!
Old Nov 7, 06, 8:29 am

Programs: A3 Silver, DL Silver, IHG Platinum
On the return trip your PM card should admit you to Northwest's lounge. I know they've got a Skyteam lounge at Narita. If you're connecting to ANA on the outbound, give it a try, but they may not let you in.
Old Nov 7, 06, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by rhetor
I'm flying into NRT on DL (in Y ) and continuing on to BKK with ANA. As a PM, is there anyplace I can get lounge access? Thanks!
You will arrive at NRT in Terminal 2 and transfer to Terminal 1, where ANA is located, for your onward conection to BKK. There are 2 NW WCs in Terminal 1. Access should be granted on the basis of: 1) E+ status traveling on same day international with a SkyTeam carrier - your inbound DL flight; 2) PM status = CRC status - access regardless of who you are flying.

On your return, you will transfer from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 for your flight on DL. JAL Sakura lounge is located in Satellite C, near the DL gate. Access should be granted on the basis of contract between DL and JL which permits Platinums to access the lounge even when departing DL flight in Y class. If you are stopping at NRT, at check-in request a lounge pass based on your PM status.
Old Nov 7, 06, 11:04 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat
Going you won't be able to get in to a lounge, as DL's contract with JAL Sakura lounge is only for departures, not arrivals, and ANA is not part of Skyteam.

On the return, you will need to get your NRT-ATL boarding pass in NRT and the DL checkin people will give you an invitation to the Sakura lounge. Not much in the way of food, but free draft beer, red and white wine, and a few other things.
Old Nov 7, 06, 11:56 am

Programs: DL DM MM - IHG Spire
Originally Posted by mcjava
On the return, you will need to get your NRT-ATL boarding pass in NRT and the DL checkin people will give you an invitation to the Sakura lounge. Not much in the way of food, but free draft beer, red and white wine, and a few other things.
Grab a handful of those great cherry hard candies.
Old Nov 7, 06, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by ecaarch
Grab a handful of those great cherry hard candies.
I haven't tried those yet. Leaving tmrw 11/8 for ATL-NRT-TPE (NRT-TPE on DL/CI codeshare, so access to Sakura lounge ) so I'll try them. THanks for the heads up.
Old Nov 7, 06, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by mcjava
Going you won't be able to get in to a lounge, as DL's contract with JAL Sakura lounge is only for departures, not arrivals, and ANA is not part of Skyteam.

FTraveler suggests (and I hope he/she is right) that I can get into NW lounges because I flew in on DL and am a PM. Is this not your understanding?
Old Nov 7, 06, 7:29 pm

FTraveler suggests (and I hope he/she is right) that I can get into NW lounges because I flew in on DL and am a PM. Is this not your understanding?
I'm not sure ....... sorry, but since I am always transiting between 2 airlines that are in Terminal 2 (the new one, with JAL, DL, EVA, BR), I haven't even considered NW to be an option. If you are not actually transiting between the two, you can't get on the handy buses that are for transiting passengers who are not going through passport control. From ground side, outside each terminal, there are buses for going to the other terminal.

I had not seen FTraveler's post which explained that you will be going over to Terminal 1 for the ANA flight === so I think FTraveler is correct.

So, I guess my statement was too broad.
Old Nov 7, 06, 8:30 pm

I have arrived on DL on 55 from ATL on two occasions that I can recall. Both times I connected to *A carriers - one occasion SQ and the other UA. On the first occasion, I presented my DL PC to NW WC attendants in Terminal 1 and was allowed access based on ST rules - flying same-day int'l on a ST carrier. The second time, I couldn't locate my BP and just showed them my PM card and boarding pass for my connecting *A flight. They looked through a binder with laminated pictures of cards and allowed me in.

Japanese lounge agents are sticklers for obeying the rules, so I would bring a copy of the CRC rules for access to NW clubs as well as ST rules for E+ same-day access.
Old Nov 8, 06, 7:38 am

Thanks, everyone, for your input!
Old Apr 24, 08, 1:05 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Gold
BE Lounge Access at NRT

Does anyone know which lounge BE passengers at NRT are given access to? I'll be flying there next week and I'm curious to know what lounge DL uses and how nice it is.

Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 08, 1:21 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver, AS 75K 15-18
BE at NW Worldclub

I believe DL's BE passengers in NRT are accommodated at NW's Worldclub.

The new Lounge 1 and the newly remodeled Lounge 2 have free wifi, free internet terminal, shower access (now open in both lounges), complimentary snacks (sushi, sandwiches, spring rolls, mini salad, soup, crackers, fruits, chips,) and refreshments. Beer is complimentary.

Jiburi

Search this Thread