Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adding Trip Insurance Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2008, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
Adding Trip Insurance Question

Anybody know how to add trip insurance to existing award itin WITHOUT making a phone call? Hate to get charged a fee to add insurance....
Old Jul 10, 2008, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
I think I found it.....

https://www.delta.com/planning_reser...ance/index.jsp

Look for trip insurance when you purchase your next ticket on delta.com. If you have already purchased your ticket and would like to add trip insurance, you may do so by visiting Access America.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 9:29 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
I don't get it. Why insure an award? What value do you expect back when you cancel your trip?

Unless you have significantly advatangeous asymmetric information, it is a losing proposition to insure against small losses. Skip trip insurance every time.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Well ATL was closed yesterday due to bad storms. I'm on the last flight out today and don't want to run into any problems. After consideration, I forgone the insurance anyway becuase I didn't see anywhere where insurance would cover a room for the night. I may just be reading the info wrong. All that legal mumbo jumbo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.