FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   Can't view/edit seat assignment on DL.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/843353-cant-view-edit-seat-assignment-dl-com.html)

SpiritofEcstasy Jul 9, 2008 6:24 pm

Can't view/edit seat assignment on DL.com

I have a JAN-ATL-SFO itinerary in November. There have been schedule changes (minor) on each leg of the outbound and return flights. I don't necessarily want to change any seat assignments, but I noticed that the option to do so isn't even available on the trip details page.

I also have a December award itinerary in F that's JAN-ATL-SFO-HNL (SFO-HNL is on NW metal). On the trip details page, the seat assignment link is there, but when I click on it, only the SFO-HNL flight, which is currently unassigned, pops up.

Any ideas?

Also, on the December Hawaii itinerary, my JAN-ATL seats are in coach, on a MD-90. Is there a reason why this particular leg of this trip booked as a First award would not be in F?

MileageAddict Jul 9, 2008 6:49 pm

You need to call Delta and have them "reset" it for you. Minor nuisance but easily fixed.

SpiritofEcstasy Jul 10, 2008 10:34 pm

You are correct. I called Delta SMS tonight and asked the agent about it. He "cleaned up" my itinerary for me, noting that my outbound departure was at 5:40 a.m., which he said was "too early", and put me on a flight leaving an hour later. I'm going to appreciate that extra hour of sleep since that particular flight wasn't available when I booked originally.

I also asked about my Hawaii F award itinerary, with the JAN-ATL leg booked in coach on a MD-90, and miraculously, two F seats became available for my partner and me.

This was my first call to SMS since I got my GM package in the mail yesterday. I think I'm gonna like the benefits that come with status greater than FO. :-)

CJKatl Jul 11, 2008 7:17 am

Originally Posted by SpiritofEcstasy (Post 10016286)
You are correct. I called Delta SMS tonight and asked the agent about it. He "cleaned up" my itinerary for me, noting that my outbound departure was at 5:40 a.m., which he said was "too early", and put me on a flight leaving an hour later. I'm going to appreciate that extra hour of sleep since that particular flight wasn't available when I booked originally.

I also asked about my Hawaii F award itinerary, with the JAN-ATL leg booked in coach on a MD-90, and miraculously, two F seats became available for my partner and me.

This was my first call to SMS since I got my GM package in the mail yesterday. I think I'm gonna like the benefits that come with status greater than FO. :-)

Congrats on reaching GM...

Last year, a friend was using my FF points to go to a last minute funeral. She called me and we conferenced in a call to DL. My friend was astounded that an American, experienced, English speaking operator picked up the phone. I took that for granted, but realize now what a huge, huge perk that is.

There is nothing like getting done somewhere, jumping in the rental car, calling DL as I'm heading to the airport, and having someone answer the phone who is already looking at my itinerary and can do a same day confirm on the next flight without trying to navigate a language divide. Especially when the person who cannot speak English thinks she can speak English.

BTW - PM is pretty much the same as GM, but with more frequent upgrades. As far as I'm concerned, I can live without the upgrades on my mostly short flights, but the big perk is the phone line! GM is the big hump with DL.