10,000 MQM Bonus was fast!

Old Jul 8, 08, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - GM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
10,000 MQM Bonus was fast!

I can't believe that DL can make the Amex/DL coordination run this smoothly, but I received my 10,000 MQM Threshold bonus today, the exact same day that I received my last months miles from my credit card usage. Usually, it is delayed a solid 2-3 weeks. Well done.

Now, if only DL could put that much effort into making it's award calendar work properly...
Old Jul 8, 08, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL GM, Stwd Plat, Marriott Gold
That's how it's been for me for my past few bonuses. Right in line with the delivery of the actual miles.
Old Jul 8, 08, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Could someone please let me know which AMEX card and which program this relates to?

Thanks
Old Jul 8, 08, 9:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Choice Plat & Hilton+SPG Gold, UA, BA...Etc
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter View Post
Could someone please let me know which AMEX card and which program this relates to?

Thanks
DL Platinum AMEX.

$25k spending = 10k Miles + MQM
$50k spending = another 10k Miles + MQM
Old Jul 8, 08, 10:06 pm

Wish mine was so smooth. I haven't gotten the bonus (even after writing 3 customer care messages and it's been almost 3 months.

Granted, I don't need 'em this year but it's the principle. When I called yesterday to enquire about them, the agent told me I wouldn't get them until after I renewed the card. Once I got over the shock she did some "investigating" and found out I was right.

Now here's to wondering if they'll post.
Old Jul 9, 08, 7:40 am

Programs: Delta PM, HH, CRC
people werent saying how 'smoothe' it was last back in january when all the MQM got delayed so long.. I didnt get mine until mid feb.. lol there were about 10 threads per day with people wondering where the heck their MQMs were!!! I remember someone (maybe me) posting the DL/AMEX Liazon's name & number.. then within about 3 days.. everyone got their MQM!! lol
oh how things change
Old Jul 9, 08, 8:07 am

Same just happened to me and I was pleasantly surprised. They posted one day after my statement closed along with my other miles.
Old Jul 9, 08, 10:23 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I got mine the same day 2 months ago
Old Aug 25, 08, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Clank
I got an email today:

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'VE EARNED YOUR FIRST
MILES BOOST OF 10,000 BONUS MEDALLION®
QUALIFICATION MILES(MQMS) THAT CAN BE
USED FOR BOTH STATUS AND AWARDS(1).

The thing is, I got 10K mqms in May. I don't think I'm at 50k spending yet. Is this an email notifying me about my miles boost from May??

I have the Plat DL Amex.

Only my regular spending miles posted this month so far.

Last edited by Traveller; Aug 25, 08 at 10:53 pm
Old Aug 26, 08, 8:27 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr
Originally Posted by foofiter View Post
DL Platinum AMEX.

$25k spending = 10k Miles + MQM
$50k spending = another 10k Miles + MQM
Isn't that the one with an annual fee close to $500? OUCH!
Old Aug 26, 08, 11:02 am

Programs: DL PM .313 MM & CRC, AA .453 MM, HH Silver, Priority Club, Fairmont President's Club
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Isn't that the one with an annual fee close to $500? OUCH!
No, it's only $135 (I think). Certainly not $500. You must be thinking of the DL Reserve card. I've gotten two MQM boosts from my card this year and both times the MQMs and the bonus miles were in my SM account within a couple days of the Amex statement closing date.

Good job Amex and DL!
Old Aug 26, 08, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Spirit, was each boost for $25 K spending thresholds? I'm trying to figure out why I got the email? I haven't spent $50k yet.
Old Aug 26, 08, 4:56 pm

Programs: Delta-PM,CRC, HH Gold,Priority Club Plat, Hertz Prez
I'm still waiting for mine. I hit $40+k in spending for 2007, and they still haven't posted. For my spending in 2006, they finally posted in Nov 2007. So I am thinking that may be the case this year. Even though my anniversary date for the care is March. Time will tell

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT View Post
I can't believe that DL can make the Amex/DL coordination run this smoothly, but I received my 10,000 MQM Threshold bonus today, the exact same day that I received my last months miles from my credit card usage. Usually, it is delayed a solid 2-3 weeks. Well done.

Now, if only DL could put that much effort into making it's award calendar work properly...
Old Aug 26, 08, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL PM .313 MM & CRC, AA .453 MM, HH Silver, Priority Club, Fairmont President's Club
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
Spirit, was each boost for $25 K spending thresholds? I'm trying to figure out why I got the email? I haven't spent $50k yet.
Yeah, my first one came in May and the next one in August. Each of those two months, I passed a $25,000 spending mark on my Amex. Restoring an old car will do that for you!

Don't know why you got the email. I didn't receive one on either occasion, and the fact that you received it three months after hitting the initial 25K spend doesn't make sense. Are you sure you haven't passed another 25K milestone? Check your statement. It should show exactly where you stand in your spending.
Old Aug 26, 08, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SpiritofEcstasy View Post
Are you sure you haven't passed another 25K milestone? Check your statement. It should show exactly where you stand in your spending.
I'll have to do that. I am not travelling as much as normal this year so I should not have passed the 50k milestone this early in the year. And I got the email yesterday, a second 10k boost has not yet posted to my account at Delta.com.

I switched to online Amex statements, I hope that YTD spending is easy to find online.

Last edited by Traveller; Aug 27, 08 at 12:02 am

Search this Thread