Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL ending all service to TOL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:50 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
I would think that NW service would continue. Some of these route cancellations could be seen as a result of the impending merger.
While there is some truth to this, the main reason why airlines forge partnership is to gain additional reach with minimal cost. Essentially, DL is piggy backing on the alliance partner in this case and reducing op costs. I wouldn't be surprised to see more cuts to cities where NW is king. I wouldn't be surprised if DL did the same to some CO cities as well. They are still Skyteam partner until the year end.....

Jiburi
Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by jiburi
While there is some truth to this, the main reason why airlines forge partnership is to gain additional reach with minimal cost. Essentially, DL is piggy backing on the alliance partner in this case and reducing op costs. I wouldn't be surprised to see more cuts to cities where NW is king. I wouldn't be surprised if DL did the same to some CO cities as well. They are still Skyteam partner until the year end.....

Jiburi
I would actually expect the opposite to CO cities.... ESPECIALLY since their partnership is soon to end.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by WBurcham
I would actually expect the opposite to CO cities.... ESPECIALLY since their partnership is soon to end.
In fact, this might be one of their motivations, to increase some services to CO cities.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott lifetime Ti, USMC
Son of a ....

I completely missed this thread while on vacation in SEA. Imagine, then, my surprise when I tried to book TOL-SEA-TOL and had first Kayak and then DL.com tell me that there were no flights scheduled for SEA-TOL! I called the PM line and found out that, yep, no flights were scheduled.

I don't *mind* flying in and out of DTW (after all, I can stop in Monroe and hit Popeye's) but I much prefer TOL. This sucks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.