Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Earn 9,999 Bonus Miles with Avis & Budget (W/ Flight)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO; > 6'8" FF club

Didn't see this offer posted yet. Sorry if it has been.

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/ways_t...dget/index.jsp

1 day minimum. I believe it works for previously booked flights, if i'm reading the terms correctly.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:49 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
If I read this correctly,
you don't need to have any DL flight involved,
only book the car through Delta website.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO; > 6'8" FF club
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
If I read this correctly,
you don't need to have any DL flight involved,
only book the car through Delta website.

"If you've booked your flights already, you can reserve your Avis or Budget rental through the Car Search tool at delta.com."

hmmm maybe they are just encouraging the flights not actually requiring

Last edited by Pancho4life; Jul 3, 2008 at 12:00 pm Reason: content
Old Jul 3, 2008, 1:16 pm

gave it a shot

I had a reservation with National this weekend at PIT, like to use the Emerald Aisle, but when I've seen this offer from Delta, I just had to change from 100 mi. to 9,999 miles. I know that the Budget location there is a franchise and they may not want to be included (couldn't take the chance) . Calls to Delta SM no help either (since there is no pomo code) ?? I called Avis and was informed that the PIT location is acorporate location, they should participate right??? wasn't given any definite answers. by the way just used delta.com for the car rental, flights were booked way in advance.

Old Jul 3, 2008, 1:36 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Only till Aug1, not much time.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 1:42 pm

not too much, that's the trick, Delta, Avis and Budget know that no liesure traveller wants to reserve cars with high gas prices. So they ae giving away miles (I am also expecting an increase in mileage for awards tickets). But we New Yorkers can always escape Manhattan by the bus/Amtrak/Lirr/MetroNorth or the "F/Q etc" to Coney Island.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT
Seems like a ripoff. The prices are about $50 (per day) higher than on the Avis website.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 3:04 pm

yet it's a rip off $50+ a day, but get many, many miles.
or is my math wrong, it's been a long week.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 4:12 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Last week I booked my rental car for HNL using the Delta promotion with Advantage. You get 6000 miles for a one week rental. I was able to get a convertible for just $352 for seven days. ^

However it is with Advantage and I have never used them before so I have no idea what to expect. But at that great of a rate, I cant complain as long as my convertible is there when I get there.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Joe K.
Last week I booked my rental car for HNL using the Delta promotion with Advantage. You get 6000 miles for a one week rental. I was able to get a convertible for just $352 for seven days. ^

However it is with Advantage and I have never used them before so I have no idea what to expect. But at that great of a rate, I cant complain as long as my convertible is there when I get there.
I hope you don't have any trouble... I would suggest calling to confirm though. We had a rental in PHX at a city location for the inlaws while they were visiting. Advantage closed the location (and four or five others) a few days before the resv. We were able to get another vehicle, but didn't get the class we reserved, and instead of picking up under 5 miles from home it was 25+. All is well that ends well, I suppose, but it was a real PITA to get figured out.

Kim
Old Jul 3, 2008, 7:36 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
The rates are definitely high, but 9,999 miles for less than $60? That seems pretty decent to me. I would assume this is good in Atlanta, can anyone confirm?
Old Jul 3, 2008, 8:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Frank3172a
yet it's a rip off $50+ a day, but get many, many miles.
or is my math wrong, it's been a long week.
Who rents for a day at a time from an airport location? You get the same miles, whether you rent for a day or a week. For a day, it's a great deal if you were going to rent anyway. For a week, not so much.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by Pancho4life
Didn't see this offer posted yet. Sorry if it has been.

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/ways_t...dget/index.jsp

1 day minimum. I believe it works for previously booked flights, if i'm reading the terms correctly.
Remember that AVIS in ORF is a corporate office, NOT Budget! I remember that back in the 5,000 bonus a couple months ago when i got burned by Budget.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat, Avis First
Originally Posted by yuel
Remember that AVIS in ORF is a corporate office, NOT Budget! I remember that back in the 5,000 bonus a couple months ago when i got burned by Budget.
Yuel, I did too, but eventually squeezed the 5000 out of Budget. I rented at ATL (franchise). You might want to keep trying.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:40 pm

Found $31.78 for one day at sacramento. Got 3 rental reservations squeezed into a 48 hour period at the end of the month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.