Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Earn 9,999 Bonus Miles with Avis & Budget (W/ Flight)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 9,999 Bonus Miles with Avis & Budget (W/ Flight)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:38 am

<deleted>
Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:40 am

Programs: AA gold, UA Premier, HH Gold, *wood gold, PC gold
Are we sure that the maximum bonus isn't 9,999? - 3,333 miles per rental?

Maybe I missed it, but the Delta isn't entirely clear on that.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:56 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by the_nomad
Are we sure that the maximum bonus isn't 9,999? - 3,333 miles per rental?

Maybe I missed it, but the Delta isn't entirely clear on that.
If so, then Delta worded this very poorly.

"Now through August 1, 2008, you can earn 9,999 bonus miles on your next rental placed through delta.com (maximum of 3 bonuses total per customer on both Avis and Budget)."
Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by heffa
Don't you have to rent for more than 3-4 hours, and if less the hourly rate would kick in?
No idea. You tell me! I just don't want to have to drive it very far, and hence have to refuel it!
Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:05 am

Programs: AA gold, UA Premier, HH Gold, *wood gold, PC gold
Originally Posted by ez311
If so, then Delta worded this very poorly.

"Now through August 1, 2008, you can earn 9,999 bonus miles on your next rental placed through delta.com (maximum of 3 bonuses total per customer on both Avis and Budget)."
Yeah, I don't think they CAN spin that, but it would be nice to see "...for a maximum of 29,997 Skymiles."

In for 3 weekend rentals myself.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:02 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by hobo13
No idea. You tell me! I just don't want to have to drive it very far, and hence have to refuel it!
Keep in mind that if you drive fewer than 75 miles, you will either have to present a gas station receipt, or pay a $10.50 fee.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 2:50 pm

FWIW, I contacted Delta to find out about some participating airports (Burbank and Honolulu), and got the response that I need to check with Avis and Budget and gave me their 800 numbers.

Now comes the part that I am worried about this promo:

I called up Budget, and a helpful rep looked up the airports and said that Burbank and Honolulu are airports that participate earning miles with Delta (in general, not specific to this promo). He asked for the coupon code I was calling about, and since there was none I could find, he logged into Delta.com while I was on the phone, but could not find any codes either. I then asked him to check my reservation I had done earlier today through iseatz (delta.com) to see if there would be any indicator that I would get the 9,999. He could not find anything, no coupon code, nothing. He was as puzzled as as I was - we both agreed that a reservation with no codes or indicators would only earn 50 miles.

So, here's my conclusion:

Since no coupon codes are provided, Delta will most likely award 9,999 for car rentals in conjuction with a flight that posts to your Skymiles account within a day of your rental. This is how I am reading this promo, especially after calling Budget. Of course, I may be wrong.

Now I'm worried!

Edited to add:
Just saw post #46: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=46

So I guess my conclusion is wrong. Hopefully.

Last edited by Angeleno228; Jul 8, 2008 at 3:33 pm
Old Jul 8, 2008, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx
Keep in mind that if you drive fewer than 75 miles, you will either have to present a gas station receipt, or pay a $10.50 fee.
the 10.50 fee for low miles topping off tank is optional, just decline it if you don't want it. during the avis 5k rental offer, they tried to add this twice to my rental cost without asking me, I had to go back and have them remove it and reprint my receipt each time. The third rental i remembered to decline it when i was picking up car and they didn't try and add it.

I'm in for 3 of the 9999 mile one day rentals. Will try doing 3 rentals same day concurrently. Not sure if I should try and do an early return(s) later sameday or not. Anyone know what minimum number of hours for daily rental is, and if there is usually an early return fee? I could save a trip to the airport if I could do the 3 returns later on the day i rented them. thanks
Old Jul 8, 2008, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tele
Will try doing 3 rentals same day concurrently. Not sure if I should try and do an early return(s) later sameday or not. Anyone know what minimum number of hours for daily rental is, and if there is usually an early return fee? I could save a trip to the airport if I could do the 3 returns later on the day i rented them. thanks
I think I've stated this before... But, don't you have to rent for more than 3-4 hours, and if less the hourly rate would kick in? The hourly rate wouldn't qualify in this case.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 1p HH gold
Originally Posted by tele
the 10.50 fee for low miles topping off tank is optional, just decline it if you don't want it. during the avis 5k rental offer, they tried to add this twice to my rental cost without asking me, I had to go back and have them remove it and reprint my receipt each time. The third rental i remembered to decline it when i was picking up car and they didn't try and add it.
I was told it was not optional last time when I tried to argue about it about a month ago. They did say I could refill and send them the receipt.

Also, the fee is $13.99 now based on avis website.

WJ

Last edited by jwudbwei; Jul 8, 2008 at 8:21 pm
Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by jwudbwei
I was told it was not optional last time when I tried to argue about it about a month ago. They did say I could refill and send them the receipt.

Also, the fee is $13.99 now based on avis website.

WJ
I think you have to tell them you don't want this when you are picking up the car, not when you are returning it. Don't see how they can require this if you are reserving a car at one rate and then they try and add 13.99 when you get the car??? Sounds like consumer fraud to me, just show them the reservation and the price you agreed to and make sure the tank is full when you return it too.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:02 pm

Add Fastbreak?

Seems to me that adding one's Budget Fastbreak number to the reservation would be OK. The Fastbreak number is distinct from the BCD (which determines a rate). On the other hand, if it would break the promo, I'd never forgive myself for losing the 10k miles to save five minutes in line per rental. Well, I've done it. So we'll see how it goes...

Last edited by boberonicus; Jul 8, 2008 at 10:11 pm
Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:26 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Priority Club Gold, Hilton & Marriott Silver
Cool I'm in

I'm in. Let's see how it goes!
$25.98 for a compact at Budget - ABE apt 7/11 pick up; 7/12 return.
Ditto 7/25 weekend.
I believe that equates to $0.0026 cents/mile! ^

Let's hope it works w/o flying!

Last edited by usavvy2; Jul 8, 2008 at 10:53 pm
Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:48 pm

Post comments on the fine print @ Budget

a few comments:
In Budget's "required credentials" section -
•... All drivers must have a safe driving record.
• When using some offer codes, you must provide association, corporate, or government credentials to prove eligibility for the special rate/benefit.

Hope they don't ask me to produce an airline tix!

• An automatic $13.99 EZ-Fuel refueling service charge will be applied to all rentals under 75 miles. Renters that return the car with a full tank of gas and provide a receipt showing the purchase of gasoline will have the charge reversed when completing their rental.

(ok 76 miles it is then!)

Your quoted rental rate is based on the exact parameters (location, dates, etc. ) of your particular rental — so changing your confirmed reservation parameters could result in a different rate.

and, beware -
• For locations that require a credit card to secure the reservation, failure to cancel the reservation at least 48 hours before scheduled pickup may result in a $75 US fee.

Info applies to Budget; found when clicking on ABE info specifically.

Last edited by usavvy2; Jul 8, 2008 at 10:56 pm Reason: added info about chg. parameters & cancel policy
Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:52 pm

Question Budget - corporate or not, which do we all need it to be?

Originally Posted by Pancho4life
We had the same problem, but according to an Avis representative this week Budget is now corporate and does participate. might want to check it out first though.
What IS the deal with corporate vs. non-corporate Budget locations? which is we need to beware of?

I couldn't find any info on the Budget website; guess I'll just call them up and ask them if their location is corporate or not (unless someone else knows - ABE airport)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.