Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Earn 9,999 Bonus Miles with Avis & Budget (W/ Flight)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 9,999 Bonus Miles with Avis & Budget (W/ Flight)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2008, 2:46 am

Found $33 per day in Honolulu. Great promo.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 6:48 am

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Thanks OP, just reserved one at Orlando for ~ $41/day. I was going to do this later today but checked FT first for deals. Glad I did and hope it works.

Cheers
Old Jul 4, 2008, 6:50 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by kimslie
I hope you don't have any trouble... I would suggest calling to confirm though. We had a rental in PHX at a city location for the inlaws while they were visiting. Advantage closed the location (and four or five others) a few days before the resv. We were able to get another vehicle, but didn't get the class we reserved, and instead of picking up under 5 miles from home it was 25+. All is well that ends well, I suppose, but it was a real PITA to get figured out.

Kim
Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, my biggest fear is getting there and them not having any convertibles left. I dont think an upgrade to a Lincoln Towncar (or whatever they consider the next level up) would be an upgrade, especially considering that it's Hawaii. I just tried doing some searches for a contigency plan (nice thing about rental car company's is you dont have to give them your credit card to reserve) and the best that I came up with for a convertible was with Thrifty for over $100 more. Still well below the going rate of Avis and Hertz (who I have elite status with) though not elite enough to get a deal anywhere this good.

Iam thinking I might reserve the Thrifty convertible and if I get to Advantage and they dont have my car I will make a big stink (not rent with them) and ensure that I still get my $6000 Skymiles. Of course that would take some work (a well written letter) but Iam willing to do so.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO; > 6'8" FF club
Originally Posted by yuel
Remember that AVIS in ORF is a corporate office, NOT Budget! I remember that back in the 5,000 bonus a couple months ago when i got burned by Budget.
We had the same problem, but according to an Avis representative this week Budget is now corporate and does participate. might want to check it out first though.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 7:04 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Very nice promotion..this beats all of them in the past few months.
$31.00 Avis PBI for 9,999 miles on a 1 day rental is a steal. I just booked 3 rentals today.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 7:29 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat, Avis First
Originally Posted by MRKEY
Very nice promotion..this beats all of them in the past few months.
$31.00 Avis PBI for 9,999 miles on a 1 day rental is a steal. I just booked 3 rentals today.
By this, do you mean 3 consecutive? Is each tied to a separate Delta flight or are you doing it on one trip?
Old Jul 4, 2008, 7:37 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by csgoalie
By this, do you mean 3 consecutive? Is each tied to a separate Delta flight or are you doing it on one trip?
I booked the rentals a week apart on a Sunday. I drive 300 miles on Sundays and the elimination of wear and tear on my personal car is also another factor. I am wondering why more folks here aren't jumping all over this . They are not tied to flights..is that going to be a major problem?
Old Jul 4, 2008, 8:08 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
WOW! What a great chance to score some easy miles.

I made an Avis reservation using the Delta car booking powered by iseatz for pickup tomorrow, 1 day rental, $39.

I can pull up the reservation on avis.com, but I am too afraid to try and add my Avis first number, looks like a corporate rate, rate code XR, with no AWD or coupon number.

I wonder when I pick it up if I should add my USAA AWD? (covers liability) or not mess with it ?
Old Jul 4, 2008, 8:50 am

I wouldn't mess aith a AWD #, since it states in T&C, not to be used in conjunction with any AWD.... I'm even worried about adding my Avis prefered #. what;s up with ht e weekly rate quote, needing 5 or more days rental, we should all re-read the terms below (not a complete list)

Offer of 9,999 bonus miles is valid on daily, weekly and weekend rates on all car groups with a 1 or more day length of rental. An advance reservation is required and SkyMiles number is required at time of rental or reservation to receive bonus miles. Offer may not be used with any other coupon, promotion or offer.

Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) and fuel charges are extra. Optional items such as LDW ($28.99/day or less except in Louisiana $49.99/day) and other surcharges may apply and are extra.

Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other AWD number, promotion or offer. Weekly rates require a minimum five day rental period. Offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times,including some online rates at Avis.com. Car rental return restrictions may apply. Offer subject to change without notice. Holiday and other blackout periods may apply. Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum rental age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old. Frequent Flyer surcharge of up to U.S. $.50 per day may apply. Mileage accrual structure subject to change. Rental must begin by August 1, 2008.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 3:57 pm

Programs: big pimpin'
Nothing in T&C about having to fly....
Old Jul 4, 2008, 4:33 pm

Ok, this is one FANTASTIC offer. Are you kidding? 9,999 miles for a ONE day rental, ANY class???? Wow. At PDX, on a Friday or Saturday, you can find a one day rental for Budget for $25.10. 30k miles for $75. WOW!
Old Jul 4, 2008, 4:47 pm

I never mentioned that the T&C says you have to fly.
I just stated to read it carefully.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 6:32 pm

i know the offer is valid until august 1st, but does that imply book by the first or actually rent by the first ? i would love to book this now for a rental on the 8th/9th of august. am i s.o.l. ?

[edit] nevermind, just read the terms closer and rental has to start by august 1st...

Last edited by decibel08; Jul 4, 2008 at 6:41 pm Reason: read the terms
Old Jul 4, 2008, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quick question which might actually be more related to the car rental companies than any miles offer, but does anyone know whether the car actually has to be driven? Like, if it's practical could one just sign for the car, never leave the lot, and go back to the counter, or would that force a reprice? Also, any clue if three consecutive rentals (three days in a row) counts, or whether that's not allowed?

Gracias!
Old Jul 4, 2008, 9:15 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Do I have to return the car by Aug 1st in order to qualify for this offer?

or just pick up by Aug 1st.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.