Award Ticket reservations on delta.com

Old Jul 1, 2008, 12:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Award Ticket reservations on delta.com

So I tried a few searches. They give you the big calendar view showing icons for Skysaver or Skychoice availability.

I would choose the dates with the Skysaver icons for First/Business and then the next page would only show Skychoice itineraries at 175K? (I'm searching for flights to Europe).

Tried several times and it was always the same.

Also, they don't seem to show other SkyTeam routes? Will they ever have that data?

Or you still have to call in and pay $10?
Old Jul 1, 2008, 1:25 pm

You'll want to use the NWA or Continental websites to check for availability, as the Delta website isn't up to par. Don't bother using the award calendar on the Delta website. You can try to find availability on one of those sites and use that info to make the reservation on the Delta website.

If you call for an award ticket, it's $25 for the phone fee plus another $25 if any of the flights are on partner metal.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 1:29 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
You've stumbled onto a glitch in the award calendar at delta.com. There have been many posts regarding this, but long story short the website is dismal as far as award availability and data reliability.

As I see it, you have 3 choices:

1) Take what the website offers,
2) Call the website support desk in Upper Sri Lanka and try to decipher their explanations. or
3) Call SMS and be prepared to cough up some coin.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 1:57 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

We don't have many stickys in this forum. Is it worth having one about this DL.com problem and/or DL.com in general?
Old Jul 1, 2008, 2:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

WTH?

$25 plus $25?

Plus taxes?

And then $50 fees starting August 15?
Old Jul 1, 2008, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by wco81
WTH?

$25 plus $25?

Plus taxes?

And then $50 fees starting August 15?

YES INDEED. And the worst is YET to come before the Holidays hit.

AND TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY------- what you may see on CO award calender MIGHT NOT BE AVAILABLE TO BOOK through DL anymore as
easily as it used to be ...

Good Luck.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Can you use AF website to check for award ticket availability as well?
Old Jul 2, 2008, 2:24 am

Programs: DL Silver, HHonors Silver, BMI Blue Plus, PriorityClub, Trip Rewards, Marriott
I'm currently trying to book an award flight from MAN / SLC and have been offered lots of diff choices, it might be worth looking at coach only options but it then sometimes throws up options if first class.

Also, if you keep revising the selection (untick more dates avail) it brings up options not previously shown.

I have one on hold now First/Business return, via AMS on a business jet op by PRIVATAIR for KLM for 95,000. They are out there but you need to have no other life to find them.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 4:33 am

The Delta website is pretty much crap. I will run a search, and it will show nothing available for days. I will run the same exact search a minute later, and it shows plenty of availability. Sometimes you just have to keep trying. It's like the lottery. You never know what flight combination is going to come up.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 8:54 am

Programs: AA/BA/DL/US Air
[QUOTE=wco81;9966858]So I tried a few searches. They give you the big calendar view showing icons for Skysaver or Skychoice availability.

I would choose the dates with the Skysaver icons for First/Business and then the next page would only show Skychoice itineraries at 175K? (I'm searching for flights to Europe).

Tried several times and it was always the same.QUOTE]

This was happening to me, then one day I noticed at the bottom of the flights, "page 1 of 2 or 3 and show all". When I clicked show all, it would show the skysaver awards.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.