Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

I'm banned by DL Skymiles. What will happen to my 720,000 NW miles when DL/NW merge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm banned by DL Skymiles. What will happen to my 720,000 NW miles when DL/NW merge?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2008, 7:09 pm

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
A Felony

Must have been a program felony offense
Old Jun 18, 2008, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Frustrating when a poster such as OP wants answers but is not willing to give them.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Well the merger is not approved as of yet. The only detail regarding the loyalty program(s) released is that the final program will be called Skymiles ( even that is not certain ) . So with everything up in the air I will give you an answer as useful as any. Go online to the company's website and review the terms and conditions of the programs 2011-2012 guide for exactly how to handle this and who to call if you have any questions.

Do you even know if the "company" has any post-merger award redemptions that you want to redeem points for?

Another idle speculation thread flies here at flyertalk........

IMHO, I think most flyertalkers want to know why and how you were banned from Skymiles when Pan-Am ceased on December 4, 1991 and Skymiles did not begin until May 1, 1995.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hertz 5 Star Gold
Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
IMHO, I think most flyertalkers want to know why and how you were banned from Skymiles when Pan-Am ceased on December 4, 1991 and Skymiles did not begin until May 1, 1995.
Actually, I think most flyertalkers understand that Delta's frequent flyer program started in 1981.

1995 is name only.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LEX-LGA Commuter
Actually, I think most flyertalkers understand that Delta's frequent flyer program started in 1981.

1995 is name only.
They changed a lot more than the name in 1995.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:03 pm

You will be absolutely fine. They won't even notice as long as you don't publicise details of your dilemma on the likes of FT.

Oooops ......
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by Recreation
I'd burn those 720k miles within the next year.
Burn baby burn..... don't take the chance.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by CelticFlyer
You will be absolutely fine. They won't even notice as long as you don't publicise details of your dilemma on the likes of FT.

Oooops ......
Yup, I bet DL will now create a program to search through their banned list and apply it to merged accounts. If I were the OP, I would have kept my mouth shut, changed my address, and burn as many as I could without being wasteful. Now that it's public, AND we know he has a common name, all bets are off.

This is like slickdeals...NEVER, EVER, call the store about sale. In this case, don't publicize your situation or it will come back to bite you in the behind.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by DLfan
They changed a lot more than the name in 1995.
My point exactly. If it is a matter of violation of T&C,s Delta FF was quite a bit different from Skymiles. One may even argue if the ban was in writing and references Delta FF specifically, it may not even be applicable.

But, again the big questions is why, when and which program is he banned from?
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:13 pm

Programs: Skyteam
OP, tell us the second reason.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL FC, NW
Originally Posted by slowtrains
You just gave me an idea. I'm changing the mailing address on my NW account
to my business address. I have a very common name(almost as common as
John Smith), so how is Delta going to know I'm the same person they banned
11 years ago?
I guess because you just told them so.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by LEX-LGA Commuter

1995 is name only.
"Experienced" flyertalkers who follow DL should agree with your First statement..

Your second statement is like saying Western Airlines experienced a name change in 1986. Delta FF was very different than Skymiles, in nearly all aspects.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:26 pm

I'm not a lawyer, so maybe someone who is can enlighten us....

BUT as understand it the OP has a current and valid WorldPerks membership in good standing. Doesn't the new merged entity, which will be called "Delta", have to honor the commitments of each of the previous stand alone entities, which includes NW's WP program?

Again this is a merger, it isn't that NW is is liquidating and DL is picking and choosing what it wants to buy.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by yngdiego
Yup, I bet DL will now create a program to search through their banned list and apply it to merged accounts.
Sadly, with the latest history of Delta, they will probably hire the people that came up with and manage the "no fly list" to do this.
Anyone with a name will be banned from the new Delta FF program.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:33 pm
Suspended

I think you should use them before the merger. With that many miles i would plan a few trips very soon. With the extra miles i would share them with your flyertalk friends

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.